What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

anubisani

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
SEAN
Truck Year
Truck Model
R/V 3500
Engine Size
454 TBI TH400 4:11 gears
Finally figured out how to set presets on the radio. Seems simple but who knew you had to PULL the preset buttons to set the stations? That will save some serious time changing channels now. Now if only I could get more than 1/2 of one speaker working and maybe get the cassette player to work...

You must be registered for see images attach
I just figured out from a post on here about a week ago . and I have the owners manual but forgot I had it lol.

anubisani

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
SEAN
Truck Year
Truck Model
R/V 3500
Engine Size
454 TBI TH400 4:11 gears
pulled the thermostat housing to see what was in there, and it had a 160* in there from PO , and this is a 454tbi , it was always running good so I bought a new 1 and replaced it with another 160*. if it aint broken don't fix it.

cedens

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Cliff
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
305 4bbl
Finally figured out how to set presets on the radio. Seems simple but who knew you had to PULL the preset buttons to set the stations? That will save some serious time changing channels now. Now if only I could get more than 1/2 of one speaker working and maybe get the cassette player to work...

Kids these days don't know how to do old school presets,

boostdtalon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Josiah
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-20
Engine Size
5.7L
Fixed the seat belt. Once I got the cover slid up enough. I could release the lock.

Hoping to replace my plugs and vacuum lines this weekend. Having an issue with 3/4-full throttle. Not sure how to explain what its doing except reminds me of hitting a speed limiter.

Sent from my RM-860_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk

Hoodbj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
Installed a power door lock actuator to my bed cover today. Since I just installed power door locks and keyless entry I hooked it up so that when I lock the doors with either the switch or the remote it also locks and unlocks the bedcover. I'm going to move it to the center of the bedcover and build a bracket from the tailgate so it'll lock both the bedcover and tailgate both. Also finished remote start.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:

Hoodbj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size

I'm jealous of that factory radio and uncut dash!

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Installed a power door lock actuator to my bed cover today. Since I just installed power door locks and keyless entry I hooked it up so that when I lock the doors with either the switch or the remote it also locks and unlocks the bedcover. I'm going to move it to the center of the bedcover and build a bracket from the tailgate so it'll lock both the bedcover and tailgate both. Also finished remote start.

That's an awesome mod right there bj. That's the kind of **** worthy of it's own thread in the Exterior Category if you didn't mind taking the time for a few pics and some " How To " direction.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I'm jealous of that factory radio and uncut dash!

My Blue C20 is the same way, except I have no LED left at all. I have to Seek or Scan and wait to hear station ID to know what station it's on and no clock of course.

Hoodbj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
That's an awesome mod right there bj. That's the kind of **** worthy of it's own thread in the Exterior Category if you didn't mind taking the time for a few pics and some " How To " direction.

I have a thread for the bed cover build in exterior. I'll add this mod to it. Thanks hrpc.

Hoodbj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
My Blue C20 is the same way, except I have no LED left at all. I have to Seek or Scan and wait to hear station ID to know what station it's on and no clock of course.

Then I'm jealous of yours too. My truck had already been cut and had a CD player put in. I had an 88 k5 that I sold that was all original and I love the original interior.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD

X2 Absoloutly

Hoodbj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
X2 Absoloutly

Can do fellas, should I start a new thread or just add it into the bedcover build thread. The wires are ran temporary right now and the lock is in the wrong spot to lock both. I plan on finishing it all permanently tomorrow and I'll take some good pics and do a small "how to".

John81287

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20
Engine Size

X3. Think I might just have to build me one of these!

Sent from somewhere in Northern Illinois!

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Kinda take a vote or do as you please. I personally think it's a worth while mod all by itself and could have it's own thread. Could also trigger some other ideas for tailgate alarms and such. I had often thought of having a switch, like a door switch on the tailgate to where when it was opened the Cargo light came on. The same switch also doubles as a door switch to an alarm system. I was going to do this on a 93 I had added an alarm too and never got around to it.

Hoodbj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
Kinda take a vote or do as you please. I personally think it's a worth while mod all by itself and could have it's own thread. Could also trigger some other ideas for tailgate alarms and such. I had often thought of having a switch, like a door switch on the tailgate to where when it was opened the Cargo light came on. The same switch also doubles as a door switch to an alarm system. I was going to do this on a 93 I had added an alarm too and never got around to it.

That's a cool idea, I plan on putting some led strips on the inderside of the bed cover with a swith so when the bedcover is opened the inside of the bed is lit up. I'll start a new thread tomorrow when I work on it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sammygunns