What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
Truck Model
81-C20 Silverado Camper Special-TH400-4.10s
Engine Size
Carb'ed Vortec 350
Finally began my new list of projects I listed the last time I posted on here. Starting with the spark plug and wire swap out. Balancing errands, and both kids home from school sick I was able to get the captains side done at least. Snuck out when the sun came up, wife was checking e mails, and kids were still asleep and PB blasted the old ones. Prep work in knowing it would be hours before I cod actually start exchanging.
You must be registered for see images attach
Have you tried Aero-Kroil? Best thing since sliced bread

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
Truck Model
81-C20 Silverado Camper Special-TH400-4.10s
Engine Size
Carb'ed Vortec 350
Nope. Is it a penetrating oil?
Yes sir. May have to search around for it. I couldn't find it locally, so when I was in Texas getting married I grabbed a big can of it and smuggled it home. I had gotten pulled over for not having a license plate light. Easy fix replacing the bulb, but that Napa store got some extra money from me...lol...

JamesSam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado V10
Engine Size
5.7 L 350 v8
@JamesSam
Cool thanks I will look for it. The Blaster did its thing and the plugs came out without too much force just fine. For the drivers side at least. We'll see how the ones on the passenger side do.

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
Drove it home last night, the new shifter feels GREAT. On the way back to work this morning though, while romping on it pretty good, it lean popped out the exhaust once between shifts, CEL came on and I could hear an exhaust leak. So I took it easy the rest of the way to work. Apparently I blew out one of my header gaskets. Whoops lol. That and a new o2 should get me fixed up

Goldie Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Britt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K1500 Suburban
Engine Size
Could not get the cruise to engage today, so I broke out the 82 shop manual I have. Mine is an 80 but for most of the stuff the 82 is close. Also dug out the test light and just like the book says, with the test terminal grounded and the probe in the dark blue engage prong of the connector to the cruise unit I can light up the dark when I push my cruise button. :Big Laugh:

So, electrically it works although based on the light sometimes a light push of the button is better than a solid push.

Now, to find a mechanic that I can get to help me replace the leaking pinion seal I just discovered tonight.

Hoping one of the techs at work will have a desire to stay a little late and make an extra buck here soon.

Goldie Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Britt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K1500 Suburban
Engine Size
Drove it home last night, the new shifter feels GREAT. On the way back to work this morning though, while romping on it pretty good, it lean popped out the exhaust once between shifts, CEL came on and I could hear an exhaust leak. So I took it easy the rest of the way to work. Apparently I blew out one of my header gaskets. Whoops lol. That and a new o2 should get me fixed up

Got to admit it still seems funny to hear CEL and squarebody in the same sentence.

But, my 91 had OBD1 - and a light.

Goldie runs OBDnaught.:anitoof:

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
Got to admit it still seems funny to hear CEL and squarebody in the same sentence.

But, my 91 had OBD1 - and a light.

Goldie runs OBDnaught.:anitoof:
It’s nice! Makes it so much easier to diagnose lol

Ajax19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ajax
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
Few weeks ago I pulled the sending unit and deleted the fuel tank sock some debris were left in the tank it ended up clogging the fuel filter right before the lift pump and truck died while I was hauling some rock made it back to the house swapped filters and made a second trip few more loads should help keep the clay from getting tore up from all the rain we have been getting it got bad enough that I could no longer get a car in the back lot for repairs

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240131-203143.png
    Screenshot_20240131-203143.png
    875.5 KB · Views: 27
  • Screenshot_20240131-203058.png
    Screenshot_20240131-203058.png
    627.5 KB · Views: 25
  • Screenshot_20240131-203300.png
    Screenshot_20240131-203300.png
    474 KB · Views: 29
  • Screenshot_20240131-204237.png
    Screenshot_20240131-204237.png
    903.7 KB · Views: 26

legopnuematic

Licensed Junk Dealer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Spencer
Truck Year
1971, 1̶9̶7̶4, 1976, 1979,1̶9̶8̶5, 2002
Truck Model
Dart Swinger, Sierra 10, C10 Cheyenne, C10 Big Ten, Silverado 10, Ram 2500
Engine Size
225/6, 350 c.i., 350 c.i., 5.9l Cummins
Did some rearranging at the shop tonight, cleaned up some stuff, put the 79 on wheel dolly's pushed it as far as I could get it over, carefully maneuvered the 76 next to it and once lined up with the door drove it out. Let it idle for a while and topped off the trans fluid, made a lap around the lot and seems the trans still functions.

Did some sweeping up and rolled the 79 into the back and pulled the 76 in behind it. After that spend a while block sanding the passenger door on the 79 and installed the brake line bracket that I had lost, then found, then painted.

brooksman9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado & Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
350 & 305
On the Red truck I found the vacuum line to the blend doors thanks to posts here and tapped into the dist hose to make those work. Also put in a new thermostat. Need to drive some to see if the gauge is working. Didn’t move just idling in the driveway.
More stripping on the white truck.

JamesSam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado V10
Engine Size
5.7 L 350 v8
Got the passenger side knocked out. I got 30 minutes with it yesterday( got 2 plugs in then had to make dinner) and spent about an hour tooling on it today.
Put the last 2 plugs in and replaced the drivers dome light switch. After I got the air filter/duct hose, and battery back in it was a nice surprise to walk around ready to crank it up and see the dome light shining bright. It cranked right up and sounded good. I'm gonna drive it over to my wife's parents house ( her Moms birthday) and see how she does. Hoping for a bit better performance. It was hesitating the last time I dro
ve it, which is what really motivated me to switch out the spark plugs in the first place.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Garcjay