What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chubble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
Custom Deluxe K10
Engine Size
Bought a "universal push bar" off craigslist for $40 bucks expecting it to come with a variety of brackets since he said it should have what I need to mount it. Drove over an hour to go get it with my BiL and turns out it was just the push bar which I think was for a ford. Bought it anyway and just welded it to the bumper and added a set of spot lights. I still have to clean up the welds and paint the bar but it looks purdy good. Eventually I want to cut it off and re-weld it on a bit more solid but only had access to a welder for an hour last weekend.

Before:
attachment.php

After:
attachment.php

Attachments

• 1294307_239504346204673_109579726_o.jpg
    1294307_239504346204673_109579726_o.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 226
  • 1378804_241837372638037_462001325_n.jpg
    1378804_241837372638037_462001325_n.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 229

roving4s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
xxxx
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Lately new brakes all around (calipers,pads,cylinders,shoes,lines) screwed up ordering my cats today, ordered 1 instead of 2 o well. New wipers , gear oil, now I just need a battery, order the other cat and run the exhaust out then dump it before the axle. With a 45* turn down after the flowtech raptors (had them sitting around so I put them to use).

82chevy350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joey
Truck Year
1982, 1976
Truck Model
C10, K10, K5
Engine Size
350, 350
Things I done Lately
1. Put new front brakes and rotors on and new wheel bearings
2. Hooked my HVAC vacuum controls back up but think my switch is leaking :(
3. Got a 350 bored .060 over that's rebuilt for my k5
4, Got a turbo 400 for my 82 so I can mate it to my 383 im currently building
You must be registered for see images

5. Got me a nice back window decal

foamypirate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jake (Mr. Wilson)
Truck Year
Truck Model
El Camino, baby!
Engine Size
5.3L/4L60E
Put a new radiator in it. Original radiator from my 87' had a leak a few inches from the top that would slowly drip until the coolant fell below that level, and the hose connections are so beaten from over the years that they were out of round and didn't seal well. Ended up with one of those plastic/aluminum jobbies cause I'm broke, but it fit perfectly and cools great. No more coolant leaks!

roving4s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
xxxx
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Finally got the exhaust done, true duals with thunderbolt 2.5" cat & 2.5 tubing and turned down just after the bed. Bout mid section of fuel tank. Got her inspected and tagged! Now the fun begins, looks like I need a valve gasket, and the 203 seems to have sprung a leak.

jux

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Z
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
With a 45* turn down after the flowtech raptors (had them sitting around so I put them to use).

I'm using dual raptors as well, I personally love the sound. Have you had driven the truck since the install?

Ended up with one of those plastic/aluminum jobbies cause I'm broke, but it fit perfectly and cools great. No more coolant leaks!

I love my cheap plastic/aluminum radiator! Keeps things nice and cool. It's even a small one that was cooling the v6 before I swapped to the 350.
Glad you're happy with it.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Things I done Lately
1. Put new front brakes and rotors on and new wheel bearings
2. Hooked my HVAC vacuum controls back up but think my switch is leaking :(
3. Got a 350 bored .060 over that's rebuilt for my k5
4, Got a turbo 400 for my 82 so I can mate it to my 383 im currently building

5. Got me a nice back window decal

Awzum !!! ::grd: No Brass Freeze Plugs huh??? Usually only about $5 difference from a steel plugs set to brass and the brass lasts for ever unless of course you freeze the motor.

That crank looks pretty beefy. What brand is it? New Main hardware too huh?

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Was driving by Harbor Freight today. Dropped in and after had looking at the reviews, figured these were worth giving a try at $12.99 even though they are plastic housings. The reviews say, open them up and put silicone on the seal between the 2 plastic housing pieces and they'll stay waterproof. And an ugly girl was flirting with me and reached under the counter and scanned a 25% off coupon for me, so I got them for $9.74. It was limited to 1 item or I'd have gotten 2 more sets since I have so many trucks. I told her I'd be back in the next day or 2 to see her for another set at that price. Then she laid it on thick. Hell, I might have to tap it just once just to keep my inside discount connection. :naughty:

http://www.harborfreight.com/clear-lens-halogen-lights-37349.html

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
Took mine for a spin last weekend :) my little guy (1 1/2 yrs old) was all smiles!! He eventually fell asleep to the hum of the road and motor noise :lol:

roving4s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
xxxx
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
I'm using dual raptors as well, I personally love the sound. Have you had driven the truck since the install?

said the hell with mufflers, just running dual cats, all 2.5" tubing. Bout mid section of fuel tank with turn downs.

found 2 leaks that didn't show up till after inspection :whymewhyme:, I"m thinking the left side valve cover gasket is leaking. And either the speedo or the rear of the 203 is leaking.

I got curious today to see how much, half ass work the po did with the ****** black paint job. It was a mix of flatblack and textured paint all half ass done. So I took a 60 grit block and sanded. Blue,white,green it gets warmer I"ll paint it myself. Wife says JD green :cheers:.

cedens

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Cliff
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
305 4bbl
said the hell with mufflers, just running dual cats, all 2.5" tubing. Bout mid section of fuel tank with turn downs.

found 2 leaks that didn't show up till after inspection :whymewhyme:, I"m thinking the left side valve cover gasket is leaking. And either the speedo or the rear of the 203 is leaking.

I got curious today to see how much, half ass work the po did with the ****** black paint job. It was a mix of flatblack and textured paint all half ass done. So I took a 60 grit block and sanded. Blue,white,green it gets warmer I"ll paint it myself. Wife says JD green :cheers:.

To hell with running cats!, Mine "fell off" somehow about 25 years ago and the truck has been happy since!.... unless you are in some commie controlled state in that case find a way to cheat and/or bribe the testing facility. :crazy:

jux

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Z
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size

Do you have spreader bars on top and bottom? That's what I had to do to get my covers to seal. Also, I needed a new oil fill plug because mine got old, hard and a bit shrunken. No more leaks! Even with thin synthetic oil!

roving4s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
xxxx
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Was driving by Harbor Freight today. Dropped in and after had looking at the reviews, figured these were worth giving a try at $12.99 even though they are plastic housings. The reviews say, open them up and put silicone on the seal between the 2 plastic housing pieces and they'll stay waterproof. And an ugly girl was flirting with me and reached under the counter and scanned a 25% off coupon for me, so I got them for $9.74. It was limited to 1 item or I'd have gotten 2 more sets since I have so many trucks. I told her I'd be back in the next day or 2 to see her for another set at that price. Then she laid it on thick. Hell, I might have to tap it just once just to keep my inside discount connection. :naughty:

http://www.harborfreight.com/clear-lens-halogen-lights-37349.html

Hell some times flirting with ugly girls, works. If she's clean do it

roving4s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
xxxx
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
To hell with running cats!, Mine "fell off" somehow about 25 years ago and the truck has been happy since!.... unless you are in some commie controlled state in that case find a way to cheat and/or bribe the testing facility. :crazy:

Their cracking down on shops big time. If you get pulled over for not having any cats, which makes no sense to me. I could just take them off after the inspection. they fine you then turn around and fine the shop who inspected you. Retarded if you ask me. The shop I go to is mom and dad owned, his prices are always right.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
Took the wife for a drive in the truck today :) it was probably the last nice day of the year :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Green K10