What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Redfish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500
Engine Size
350/5.7
Filled the bed with ice chests, cooking equipment, chairs and luggage and drove it to the Mississippi Gulf Coast for a week. We were Participants of Cruisin the Coast. 9,618 Registered Vehicles this year.

I will post a few pics here, the rest will be in the Events subforum in my Cruisin the Coast 2022 thread.

Loaded up to go:

You must be registered for see images attach

The Pearl River. The Truck was in Mississippi, our home state of Louisiana was on the other side.

At Cruise Central to pick up my registration packet:

At Bay St. Louis in the harbor parking lot next to my favorite-ex-brother-in-law's Trans Am and a superb 4wd Square Body:

CRM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Truck Year
Truck Model
K2500
Engine Size
350 CI
No exhaust pipes looks better. Posting a pic of the two exhaust flanges with different bolt lengths. I would think both sides would be the same.

Last edited:

AyWoSch Motors

The Parts Guy
Reaction score
First Name
Ayden
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500 Sierra
Engine Size
350ci V8
Finally got to take my 86 for a ride today, first time in over a year. Man it felt so nice.
Finally got the clutch bled properly. I removed the whole hydraulic system in one peice, and bench bled it. That finally did it. Reinstalled it, and boom, worked like it always did.
Took it for its first shake down run, found some kinks.
Heater core line blew, right at the intake, temp jumped up to 230-235. Luckly made it back to the house. Heard the power steering pump whining, and the rear end making noise. Also found that my volt gauge, temp gauge, and tach dont work now. Just have oil and speed working right.

Washed down the engine bay and engine, Got the hose cut back and reinstalled, coolant topped off, power steering fluid full, rear end full, played with the idle screw a bit (got it down a tad), and I even reinstalled my old air horns just for fun.
Took it for a few more test runs. Took it easy for the first few, then romped on it a bit to do a shake down. Did a nice little burnout, and 6 grand bang shifted it from the end of our road to the driveway, got it up to about 80. That puppy is torquey. Has quite a bit more oomf than the old worn out 305.

Gotta see about those gauges next. Volt gauge is probabaly just a wire that didnt go where it was supposed to. Temp gauge I bet is broken. Probably will just get a new tach. Old one was always a bit funky.

AyWoSch Motors

The Parts Guy
Reaction score
First Name
Ayden
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500 Sierra
Engine Size
350ci V8
@CRM
I fixed my clutch setup today. Was pretty easy. I removed the whole setup complete, and bled it all on the counter, so I could make sure everything was uphill the right way.
I took an old C clap, and removed the little swivel foot so it would fit, and clamped the slave cylinder all the way collapsed to push all the fluid out. Then I tried my master, and it was super spongy. I then topped of the reservoir and slowly released the clamp and let the fluid fill back in. Then collapsed the clamp again and a ton of air came out. Did that about 10 times. Each time a little more air came out except the last 2. The master cylinder then became rock hard. Couldn't push the rod in at all, no play.
Pretty easy, just make sure all the ports are uphill, so the air can escape, and make sure to top off the reservoir. It had so much air, that I had to fill the reservoir twice, completely full. Reinstalled it, and it works great now.
Heres my setup...

AyWoSch Motors

The Parts Guy
Reaction score
First Name
Ayden
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500 Sierra
Engine Size
350ci V8
I also installed some wings on my blazer....

Went dove hunting with a buddy, and those were left over, figured they might look cool on it. Idk. They got me and him laughing pretty good though.

1lejohn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
john
Truck Year
1985 , 2004
Truck Model
k-1500, 2500 HD
Engine Size
350, 6.7
Replaced the front spring to shackle bushings yesterday. They were a red poly type, looked they had been on the truck for 20 years. The bushings really weren't bad, just dry. The driver's side bolt was undercut at the head from rust. The steel sleeves were in bad shape. It took a little beating, a little drilling and a recp. saw to get them out. I replaced them with ORD greaseable type ones. They are nice pieces. I had already done the front rear bushings a while back. My whole front suspension and steering parts have been replaced. I'm still running the original springs. The truck handles and tracks a whole lot better. Now on to the back !!!

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
Did a few burnouts Saturday night with my buddies in their squares and OBS's. It was our tuners birthday so we did it up good lol

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
Also, while we were enjoying some cold snacks and BSing, we were trying to determine the original color of our buddy's '76. It's been painted several times but you can still see the original paint on the firewall, it's some kind of lighter blue, I think maybe Hawaiian. But his SPID lacks a color code, anybody seen that before??

SDJunkMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Finally finished swapping out the rectangular fuel filter for a spin on. Have to get the CUCV ready for winter, it's been sitting all summer.

Removed the battery booster resistor (CUCV only item), it's not needed unless you want to use the NATO port to jump your truck, since I don't know anyone else with a military truck, I took it off. I had slpashed a little diesel on it when bleeding the air out of tne new filter, and it started smoking when I started the truck. After researching what it was and what it did, I decided to eliminate it.

Next project is checking and replacing any bad glow plugs. Also need to rebuild the hydraulic unit for the plow.

Powerhouse Ranch

3G Connoisseur
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
1980 & 1988
Truck Model
C25 & V15
Engine Size
454 & 350
Did a dirty thing today. . . me and my brother decided the procrastination had to end and the beast needs back on the road ASAP! One of the biggest major steps was pulling the bed, sorting out the rear frame, shocks, paint, wiring, possible lift, etc. Decided that's where we'd start. Gonna pull it out tomorrow it wash the hell out of it all. Frame is SOLID. Worth every penny spent so far.

Powerhouse Ranch

3G Connoisseur
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
1980 & 1988
Truck Model
C25 & V15
Engine Size
454 & 350

CRM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Truck Year
Truck Model
K2500
Engine Size
350 CI
I installed a new distributor cap and rotor. It was time. Tomorrow I'll see if I can get the new plugs and wires in.

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Finally finished swapping out the rectangular fuel filter for a spin on. Have to get the CUCV ready for winter, it's been sitting all summer.

Removed the battery booster resistor (CUCV only item), it's not needed unless you want to use the NATO port to jump your truck, since I don't know anyone else with a military truck, I took it off. I had slpashed a little diesel on it when bleeding the air out of tne new filter, and it started smoking when I started the truck. After researching what it was and what it did, I decided to eliminate it.

Next project is checking and replacing any bad glow plugs. Also need to rebuild the hydraulic unit for the plow.
That’ll be a bitchin plow rig!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
70meyers