What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WVscottsdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Truck Year
Truck Model
Scottsdale K10
Engine Size
350 bored .040 over
Width is the same too right? I'd imagine the 3/4 tons are just a stiffer ride. You know a small block in a half ton and a small block in a 3/4 ton weigh the same. I'm pretty sure my 4in front lift springs are of 1/2 ton caliber. But, I fully intend to upgrade the rear springs on my K10 from 52 in 1/2 tons springs, to C20 56 in 3/4 springs by moving the rear spring hangers rearward using the factory OEM punched spring hanger holes and adding the 3in lift blocks so it should sit level to the front 4in lift springs. If anything, I might still be a little higher in the rear. Also going with 3/4 ton axles and driveshafts.

the width of the springs are the same calipers are the same as well. I tied mine up out of the way unitl i got the springs bolted in and reinstalled the calipers. I am going try to find a conversion u joint unitl i can find a different drive shaft cause the on i have came from a short bed and was coming from a np208 bolt on transfer case and i put in a slip joint np205. If you haul anything or tow you would want the rear alittle higher to even out with the load

guitarfreak235

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Truck Year
86 86
Truck Model
k10 c20
Engine Size
350 350
just got new bump stops! the old ones werent long enough and the new ones are a progressive design to keep bottoming out from being so harsh

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
Truck Model
81-C20 Silverado Camper Special-TH400-4.10s
Engine Size
Carb'ed Vortec 350
Got a quote for rear half of exhaust system, finally received two locking gas caps with matching keys, and while the truck was on the lift at the exhaust shop I saw the rear brake line has a tiny hole in it and is leaving a wet brake fluid spot on the axle tube near the spring perch. Minor fix for the brake line but not something I needed at this time.

smurph20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP208/4.10's
Double Dingo wjere did you find the matching lockin gas caps?

Today converted my Quadrajet from vac secondaries o mechanical secondaries and ordering everything to do the left tank and get a new fuel valve to get both tanks working right. Thought I had it working the other day till it left me stranded with no gas in either tank because the valve was stuck in between left and right and sucked both tanks dry lol

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73

Today converted my Quadrajet from vac secondaries o mechanical secondaries and ordering everything to do the left tank and get a new fuel valve to get both tanks working right. Thought I had it working the other day till it left me stranded with no gas in either tank because the valve was stuck in between left and right and sucked both tanks dry lol

Ohhh SNAP !!! I've known that happen to another guy too. He just thought he was getting damn good mpg, when he went to flip tanks it never did run. Took awhile to figure out what went wrong that he was out of gas in both tanks.

smurph20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP208/4.10's
Luckily i was within walking distance of the house but unfourtantly the family was with me and it was after 1 am and they had to walk too. And now that i ran it dry and sucked up all the **** in the bottom of the tank even with a fuel filter the float is now sticking every once in awhile

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Carb'ed Vortec 350

I got them through Carquest. But first I went on the Stant website and plugged in my info, got the number for the locking cap, and then in the FAQ section they mention switching the first two numbers for matching keys. I forget what the number are switched to. Then the parts store orders them and they arrive in about a week or so.

CRAP! I've heard of the valve getting stuck halfway but haven't experienced it yet. When I filled my passenger side tank a couple weeks ago, after it not being used for who knows how long, my truck died when I turned a corner a mile from the gas station. But once I switched it back to the left tank to get the truck running again and then back to the right tank it worked fine except the gauge for the right tank went well above full. Once I started it back up before leaving town, the gauge was at full and the truck never stalled. Hope you get it figured out.

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Carb'ed Vortec 350
Luckily i was within walking distance of the house but unfourtantly the family was with me and it was after 1 am and they had to walk too. And now that i ran it dry and sucked up all the **** in the bottom of the tank even with a fuel filter the float is now sticking every once in awhile

I added an inline filter between the valve and the hard line before I ran the right tank at all just in case there was stuff in there to gum up the system. Thus far all is well. But I have ran some heavy duty injector cleaner for 4 tank fills just help clean the system since it sat for so long before I got it.

smurph20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP208/4.10's
Well ive got new sending units in both tanks along with a new valve now and all new rubber lines and blew out all the hard lines so if **** dont work now ill be moving this to the rant thread lol.

harv82

Reaction score
First Name
steve
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
spent the day chasing header leaks. rehung all exhuast pipes. then took her out for some excersise.replacing window motor tomorrow. been a great day its finnaly cooled off.

heavyleft

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10/K5
Engine Size
350ci
spent the day chasing header leaks. rehung all exhuast pipes. then took her out for some excersise.replacing window motor tomorrow. been a great day its finnaly cooled off.

I replaced my driver side window motor yesterday...not hard but a pain in the arse!

8T6K5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
L98 350 TPI
Big 3... see Audio/Electronics

8T6K5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
L98 350 TPI
My first brake job ever:

Ordered a set of these a few weeks ago (pads and hardware too).....

picture.php

Might be cheesy and I doubt it will last long, but I took my time and painted them red...

picture.php

New one on...

picture.php

picture.php

Hard to tell, but they do stand out a bit with the weels on...

picture.php

picture.php

2 caliper pins and a banjo per side; was pretty simple.

Have the stuff to do the rears, including new wheel cylinders. Pulled the drums off and got a bit intimidated. May ask for help there.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Gawd damn I love looking at pics of this truck, nice job. :grd: