what drop kit or combination of lowering parts are y'all using?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

morrow07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Truck Year
1977 - 1989
Truck Model
Cheyenne - V2500
Engine Size
406 - 350
Not sure. My stock 39 year old springs sat the same height. I chalk it up to not settling yet. If they dont, I'm pulling them for 3" springs. I'm not cutting them.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

morrow07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Truck Year
1977 - 1989
Truck Model
Cheyenne - V2500
Engine Size
406 - 350
I put the springs in expecting a big difference, but was suprised there was nothing different

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Sometimes I wonder about springs settling, I put new springs in the wife's car about 8 months ago and they haven't dropped one bit yet???..

RangRayy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
ryan
Truck Year
Truck Model
r10
Engine Size
I put the springs in expecting a big difference, but was suprised there was nothing different

So is there any point in using springs then? two people now say they didn't lower that much. Maybe get a set and take measurements and see what I get.

morrow07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Truck Year
1977 - 1989
Truck Model
Cheyenne - V2500
Engine Size
406 - 350
If they dont settle, then no from a ride standpoint. From an ascetics standpoint, yes

RangRayy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
ryan
Truck Year
Truck Model
r10
Engine Size
I like the setup, Think I'll be going this route on mine..

This is probably the route I will take. Asked what springs this kit might be worth it...

WC 3" spring with 5"rear flip kit.
https://westernchassisinc.com/1973-87-Chevy-GMC-C10-Best-Buy-Lowering-Kit-for-1-1-4-Rotor-2.5-Front-4-Rear/

With McGaughy's drop spindles
http://www.mcgaughystore.com/1973-1987-gmc-c-10-hd-brakes-front-2-5-drop-spindles-mcgaughys-33153/

And a set of drop shocks or if funds allow adjustable QA1's

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
This is probably the route I will take. Asked what springs this kit might be worth it...

WC 3" spring with 5"rear flip kit.
https://westernchassisinc.com/1973-...owering-Kit-for-1-1-4-Rotor-2.5-Front-4-Rear/

With McGaughy's drop spindles
http://www.mcgaughystore.com/1973-1987-gmc-c-10-hd-brakes-front-2-5-drop-spindles-mcgaughys-33153/

And a set of drop shocks or if funds allow adjustable QA1's
Well, I had WC 3" springs on mine when I got the truck and they were almost new still all clean and it had a sag on one side already, thought at first it was the cab but after measuring it was the spring, thinking maybe I'll go with Bell Tech???, spindles maybe McGaughy's or WC??.. For shocks I'm not doing any competing so I'll just get shock extenders and a good quality stock shock.

RangRayy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
ryan
Truck Year
Truck Model
r10
Engine Size
Well, I had WC 3" springs on mine when I got the truck and they were almost new still all clean and it had a sag on one side already, thought at first it was the cab but after measuring it was the spring, thinking maybe I'll go with Bell Tech???, spindles maybe McGaughy's or WC??.. For shocks I'm not doing any competing so I'll just get shock extenders and a good quality stock shock.

I wonder why that had a sag in it. I may go with McGaughy's on spindles and springs. I'm going to keep digging around on the web for reviews on everything. I almost started ordering my parts but the new windshield set me back $340... I guess you're right I won't be competing either so no need to spend hella amounts on shocks.

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
I don't know either, I even swapped sides thinking maybe there was something wrong with the frame or something but it sagged on the other side so it had to be the spring. McGaughy's is quality stuff from what I been reading..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RNFL