Well The Blazer Broke Down..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

87BlazerBeast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5 Blazer
Engine Size
5.7 350
Hmm.. it looks like it is getting wayy too much fuel. So we unplugged an injector and it runs better. Not good,but it does clear out a little

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Fuel regulator acting up maybe?

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Hmm.. it looks like it is getting wayy too much fuel. So we unplugged an injector and it runs better. Not good,but it does clear out a little

Is it possible there is a piece of junk in the injector tip not allowing it to close off??? Have you looked down the throat of throttle body to see if you're getting dribble or spray?

towman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
v10
Engine Size
ok was thinking about this, the best thing is to put on a scanner, but there is the coolant switch for the computer that is right beside the thermostat, if they go bad they can read all sorts of crazy temps wich will make the computer on the truck dump fuel like mad thinking the truck is cold, not all the time but sometimes if you unplug it it will allow it to run ok, they cost around 18 dollars for a new one, i have seen them on the scanner reading like minus 30 wich can crate major headaches, have also seen them make and engine run at crazy high speeds,been off work for 6 weeks now due to this stupid rotator cuff so trying to keep my mind sharp.

dhamp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
Truck Model
R-10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
I had a car one time that had a coolant temp sensor go bad. The result was that the car would think it was randomly running hot & shut off when I stopped. I'd have to hold my foot on the gas to get the thing running again, and it would run rich as hell till it decided it wasn't running hot. Maybe it's possible your coolant switch is doing the same?? Just a thought.......:think:

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Can't hurt to check that sensor out, has to be an ohms test that can be done I would imagine. That would be the one on the intake manifold next to the Thermostat housing, not the one on the head.

towman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
v10
Engine Size
yes there is a ohms test but all my info is at work, the more i think about i am willing to bet that is the problem

87BlazerBeast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5 Blazer
Engine Size
5.7 350
well after replacing all those sensors (including temp sensor) it was just the egr valve. It was stuck. After a little tapping and finessing,and some wd40,we put it back on and it ran better than it ever has! Unfortunately when i took it down the road it stuck again and i had to tap on it to make the truck run to get back home. Oh well,getting a egr block off plate tomorrow.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
well after replacing all those sensors (including temp sensor) it was just the egr valve. It was stuck. After a little tapping and finessing,and some wd40,we put it back on and it ran better than it ever has! Unfortunately when i took it down the road it stuck again and i had to tap on it to make the truck run to get back home. Oh well,getting a egr block off plate tomorrow.

somewhat of a common issue. Suprised none of thought of that. Probably one of those to easy things, so it couldn't be that.

You did clean the EGR valve well??? Including the pintle? They do clean up and will work just fine. When the vacuum bellow starts getting stuck on the outer walls of the diaphram from rust or something like that, then you can give up on the EGR valve. But in most cases, you can clean the pintle and they be good as new for another few years till the next time its carboned up and needs a cleaning.

Manbearpig

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Truck Year
Truck Model
1500HD Quadrasteer
Engine Size
Now to get my Blazer back up and running.
You must be registered for see images attach

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Now to get my Blazer back up and running.
You must be registered for see images attach

Wassup wit it now MBP??? I thought after the cooling issue was fixed it was good to go.

Manbearpig

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Truck Year
Truck Model
1500HD Quadrasteer
Engine Size
Lol nothing to problematic

Fuel line keeps getting pinched off and it'll die on me while Im driving around

Waiting for some fittings to come in lol

87BlazerBeast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5 Blazer
Engine Size
5.7 350
somewhat of a common issue. Suprised none of thought of that. Probably one of those to easy things, so it couldn't be that.

You did clean the EGR valve well??? Including the pintle? They do clean up and will work just fine. When the vacuum bellow starts getting stuck on the outer walls of the diaphram from rust or something like that, then you can give up on the EGR valve. But in most cases, you can clean the pintle and they be good as new for another few years till the next time its carboned up and needs a cleaning.

I'd rather just completely get rid of that damn egr

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I'd rather just completely get rid of that damn egr

Yeah, if its in your way of something and you don't require emissions testing, go for it.