Waxing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

spanky55amg

I'll give u $5, a hardy handshake, & 5 fish sticks
Reaction score
First Name
Spanky
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Short Fleet
Engine Size
V8
I haven't seen it in a while but I had great results with Blue Coral. It took 2 days by hand (about 12 hours) and a lot of elbow grease and cotton rags but the final result was excellent/awesome/rad; etc.

It was a 2 part deal. A cleaner/polish then a wax.

I agree. Clear coat is worthless.

And, corn starch will get rid of swirls better than anything you get from the auto parts stores.

I've never used clay but have seen some great results on other paint jobs with it.

Mequires has some nice swirl remover, but once again, thats what I used on my 2001 Trans Am. So I know its a totally different process with 1984 paint / what is left of the clear coat.

mbl530

Reaction score
First Name
michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
350 ci 375 hp
always use compound 1st, then polish, the glaze, then use a good carnuba wax, give yourself a weekend to do this. go to harbor freight bu a $49 da buffer and some 5" foam pads, and a pakage of micro fiber towels. a 12 pack ought get you through for refreshment beverage.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
garethrowsell