Wanted C20-or C30

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blackdog3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado K30
Engine Size
5.9 Cummins

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Ya that would be me John! haha. Those few you posted look pretty good. I am gonna hold off for awhile. My green 98 went down and the 82 is still down. Plus i still have to get that 1 ton from NY soon.... to get that ready for snow... too much to do!

I am in the market for a cheap ass plow for my Burb to push the **** off the boat ramps after storms, let me know if you see anything that will fit.

And CHEAP. :baby:

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I am in the market for a cheap ass plow for my Burb to push the **** off the boat ramps after storms, let me know if you see anything that will fit.

And CHEAP. :baby:

89s is trying to invent a BurbDozer cuz he don't have a BullDozer :happy175:

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
I am ready to mount some 2x4's and plywood homemade jawn **** to clear the **** off the boat ramps!

:wtf:

oneluckypops

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
5.7 Fuel injected Vortec/ 4L80E
Sometime in the early 80's they ditched the nifty bolt-on tranny hump. I'm not sure, but I think all manuals or 4x4s had bolt-in humps in the 70's.

You are Correct.

All 70's models had bolt in dog houses, They switched to the NON Bolt on i beleive in 81 when they changed the dash and front clips.

But you can use a bolt in on any year just have to cut the hump out lay the bolt on in place mark the holes and drill them and put the rivot nut plates in the holes. But at the back of the dog house it will be about an inch to short of reaching the rest of the tunnel. Either use a piece of tubing or cut the entire tunnel out and replace the whole thing.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
I dunno. :/

RadioActive1

Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Truck Year
'81
Truck Model
C-20
Engine Size
I have a 1981 Silverado C-20 for sale.

Texas truck.

I bought this as a project truck and have put a lot of money into it, but I'm finding that I just don't have the time or energy to finish it off. Would make a great project truck for someone or just an excellent farm or work truck.

Nice, straight truck. Drives and handles well, everything works. Has a little rust in the corners of the doors. I'm in the process of cutting out the bad sheet metal and adding fiberglass patch panels. If I finish the work, the price goes up.

Clear blue Texas title in hand.

350 engine and 700r4 tranny rebuilt less than 1500 miles ago.

Many new parts, including

Completely new A/C system, and I mean everything has been replaced - compressor, evaporator, condenser, everything.
Complete exhaust system front to back
New headers
Exhaust manifold gasket
Weiand intake manifold
Edelbrock 1412 800cfm carburetor
New starter
New fuel pump
New BF Goodrich Rugged Trail T/As with two extra spare tires that have never seen the road
Eagle alloy wheels
Hoses, belts, plug wires and distributor cap have been replaced in the past year.
New fan blower motor - A/C blows nice and cold
Monroe shocks (not brand new but not many miles on them). Truck rides like a new truck
New trans gasket
All new JVC sound system with HD Radio (that means you can receive all the local radio stations that broadcast in digital HD radio - display shows what song is playing and the group)
New chrome mirrors (still in the box)
New tail light lenses
New rear chrome bumper
Recent brake job - stops on a dime

The bad

Interior needs work

Bench seat is in really good shape but has a split seam where the vinyl meets the fabric. Simple fix for a seat upholstery shop.
The interior door panels are in pretty bad shape, but I have two replacement panels - they aren't new, but in nice shape. If you want new panels, LMC truck h
has them for $169.
Carpet is pretty ugly, new carpet would really dress up the interior
Dash pad is cracked like many of these trucks. New dash cap from LMC will run you $99.
Rust in the rear corners of the door panels and just behind the corners of the doors. In the process of putting new patch panels in.
Body has a few dents and dings, but is pretty darned straight. Bed looks like, well, what you'd expect an unrestored '81 bed to look like - not much paint left, but rust free.

Asking $2100. I'm willing to negotiate on the price, and I know that I have way more into the truck than I'm going to get out of it.

Shoot me a PM if interested.

Blackdog3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado K30
Engine Size
5.9 Cummins
I haven't been around for awhile, i appreciate the interest in this thread still. I been crazy busy, i have to put this project on hold for awhile. Things are crazy with landscaping etc, i might just sell the frame and axles at this point who knows....

towin'gmc

Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Truck Year
Truck Model
C2500
Engine Size
Have a complete '87 C20 Sub 454,th400,gear vendors,FF14 with an engine knock. Steady oil pressure at 50. Anyway, would sell for reasonable, $1000. If you reply may not get back to you right away. Thanks.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Have a complete '87 C20 Sub 454,th400,gear vendors,FF14 with an engine knock. Steady oil pressure at 50. Anyway, would sell for reasonable, $1000. If you reply may not get back to you right away. Thanks.

Gear Vendors eh? :drool: How do you like that setup?

Wish you were closer.

towin'gmc

Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Truck Year
Truck Model
C2500
Engine Size
Hi. The Gear Vendors has been great. Firm shifts and better road mileage with the 410 gears. It shifts to overdrive at 45mph unless in manual mode. I figure I won't repair the engine for now until I really have a purpose for the truck......kind of a limbo now that it has a problem.....first time any real mechanical failure has happened. What is your rig like? Do you build 'em up often or maintain and improve your favorite rig? OH, I see you have several sq bodies. yeah, we are a ways apart., like $500 in gas. It is a shame we have to think about the gas so much. I've thought about swapping in another power plant, just not feeling the energy to start. Maybe LS or V6 turbo and sell the 454 to the **** boys.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bhardiman1