Want Brights on All Four Headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stroked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Haha, that's awesome. I thought I was the only one who kept folgers containers to store stuff in.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Haha, that's awesome. I thought I was the only one who kept folgers containers to store stuff in.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

I don't think I've seen any garage without at least a couple coffee cans full of trinkets. I've got 20 or so in addition to the nuts/bolts cabinets.

MrMarty51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
One jug is dedicated to just body screws and fittings,a few weeks ago there was hardly anything in that jug,I been scrapping,saving all them screws and clips and fitting I could gather,no worries now,If I get out any more I`ll have to start Body Shop :B LOL

MrMarty51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
good job, relays can be really helpful. but if you used a diode a few of these would have worked.
http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?partnumber=6A-1KV

After the calculations I think it would take at least a ten amp diode.
If I were going to do this conversion again,I would use two ten amp diodes,one on each side,that way I think them undersize wires might be able to handle the voltage draw.
When I had just one diode hooked between the dim/bright wires,I was getting a small amount of smoke from the back side of the bulb plug,that is scarey when I see that I am letting the smoke out of the wiring.:anitoof:
http://www.westfloridacomponents.com/DI039/T10A60L+10A+10+AMP+600V+Diode+Axial.html

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chype1