Vinyl Wrapped Gauge Bezel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CaliDude76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Sal
Truck Year
Nineteen Eighty Four
Truck Model
C-Ten (Custom Deluxe)
Engine Size
Three Fifty
You must be registered for see images attach
One more...

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
Last edited:

Charlie

Mopar by Birth. Chevy by Choice.
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Truck Year
Truck Model
Cheyenne 10 LWB
Engine Size
350/TH350/AC/4 BBL Quadrajet
One more...

I like that. Mine has the wood grain on dash between AC vents and on door panels. Might start to consider putting it on bezel if I can find similar pattern as the dash and panels.

Is it possible to get a close up of the bezel? Would like to see it in more detail.

CaliDude76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Sal
Truck Year
Nineteen Eighty Four
Truck Model
C-Ten (Custom Deluxe)
Engine Size
Three Fifty
Dude. Wtf?
How you do that ****?! :wtf:
:wtf2:

I simply picked up a new bezel in order to ditch the woodgrain and restore the radio opening to run teh 2 knobby.

:yawn:

It's freakin big pimpin but a vinyl wrapper? Woodgrain even?
:whymewhyme:

I give only 68? bucks for that...hell of a deal!

https://www.parts123.com/parts123/yb.dll?parta~partsort~~cadehega

Patience...X-Acto knife...and a roll of vinyl wrap from Home Depot

Took me a couple tries

CaliDude76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Sal
Truck Year
Nineteen Eighty Four
Truck Model
C-Ten (Custom Deluxe)
Engine Size
Three Fifty
I like that. Mine has the wood grain on dash between AC vents and on door panels. Might start to consider putting it on bezel if I can find similar pattern as the dash and panels.

Is it possible to get a close up of the bezel? Would like to see it in more detail.

Ok..here's one I took this morning
Mind you...the first pic I posted was like 9 yrs ago.

I don't have the door panels anymore...installed new LMC ones

Super-Dave

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
What about hydro dipping?
I hydro dipped my replacement bezel, not wanting to butcher my nice OED, while my project was in the shop getting new electrical. Turned out great. Then, I found out it was an earlier model and wouldn't work with my Washer Switch or Headlight Switch!

I had laser cut custom inserts for all the gauges and heavily modified the back and added my new Speed Hut Low Profile gauges. What a BUMMER!

So, I had to butcher the OEM after all because the shop wanted it OUT... so, now I have a dipped bezel to sell. Will eventually dip my OEM when it's back from body and paint.

Don't look past dipping. A few coats of high build primer, sanding, dipping, clear and you are done.

SomethingJ

Reaction score
First Name
Jameson
Truck Year
Truck Model
C15
Engine Size
I hydro dipped my replacement bezel, not wanting to butcher my nice OED, while my project was in the shop getting new electrical. Turned out great. Then, I found out it was an earlier model and wouldn't work with my Washer Switch or Headlight Switch!

I had laser cut custom inserts for all the gauges and heavily modified the back and added my new Speed Hut Low Profile gauges. What a BUMMER!

So, I had to butcher the OEM after all because the shop wanted it OUT... so, now I have a dipped bezel to sell. Will eventually dip my OEM when it's back from body and paint.

Don't look past dipping. A few coats of high build primer, sanding, dipping, clear and you are done.

Looks great, man!

carlgm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Truck Year
'85
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size

Looks really great. I'm just curious if hydrodip is more durable than vinyl wraps.

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------

I'm usually against custom color dash inserts, but damn, that does look cool. Those gauges look badass too.

Super-Dave

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
Looks really great. I'm just curious if hydrodip is more durable than vinyl wraps.
Can't really say anything about vinyl wrap, but the water transfer gets as many coats of clear as you want to put on. . . gloss or matte your choice.

Super-Dave

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
I'm usually against custom color dash inserts, but damn, that does look cool. Those gauges look badass too.
Thanks!

It was a crying shame I couldn't use the bezel. After doing a down and dirty mod to my virgin OEM to get the truck out of the shop, I am still giving serious thought to finding another '73-'74 and dipping it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cbass91120