Vinyl wrap is a lot harder than it looks on YouTube. Lol

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dano500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Definitely not perfect when finally done. The front upper corner of fender was a bi*%h. Lol

Attachments

• D3679BA3-7E20-4580-9651-497FA7519847.jpeg
    D3679BA3-7E20-4580-9651-497FA7519847.jpeg
    149.6 KB · Views: 80

Radiohead

That guy on the Columbia
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
MCMLXXIX
Truck Model
C-20 Silverado Camper Special
Engine Size
454 crazy cubes, or 7.4 luscious litres
I'm considering going with a wrap, because to do paint properly is beyond the scope of the budget.

But to make a wrap look good will require some flattening of some sheet metal, so I may just have to sit the whole pretty truck thing out for a while and live vicariously through your posts.

Dano500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Curious if you tried wrap in direct sun or w/ the use of a hair drier on corners.
Yeah, you have to have a heat gun.
I'm considering going with a wrap, because to do paint properly is beyond the scope of the budget.

But to make a wrap look good will require some flattening of some sheet metal, so I may just have to sit the whole pretty truck thing out for a while and live vicariously through your posts.
Yeah, it is a quick solution. All the wrap cost me just over $300.

Dano500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
You must be registered for see images attach

I thought this one would be easier and it was as I make sure to start from top, but that front corner is just impossible. Lol

Keith Seymore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Keith Seymore
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
4.3L
You must be registered for see images attach

I thought this one would be easier and it was as I make sure to start from top, but that front corner is just impossible. Lol
I would suggest starting from more of the middle and working out from there.

Are you putting this on dry? Is there any opportunity to use an application solution of some kind (ie, soapy water mix, or commercially available product)?

We use distilled water with 5-7 drops of baby shampoo for some applications (clear film door edge guards, hood protectors, racing stripes, etc).

K

Dano500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I would suggest starting from more of the middle and working out from there.

Are you putting this on dry? Is there any opportunity to use an application solution of some kind (ie, soapy water mix, or commercially available product)?

We use distilled water with 5-7 drops of baby shampoo for some applications (clear film door edge guards, hood protectors, racing stripes, etc).

K
That's what I did the first time and it make the line in the fender and the curve around the wheel well much more difficult to deal with. It pretty much laid in place starting from top this time.

This vinyl goes on dry. It has some channeling system in it to make it easier to get the air out, and of course using the heat gun helps a lot, but I just don't see any way to do it at that corner of the fender. If you straighten out in front by lights, it screws up the top by hood. If you straighten out the top by hood, it screws up the front by headlight. It's like it's to sharp of a curve if that even makes sense.

Dano500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Nice - I always wondered about doing this myself. Need to look up some YouTube videos now!
It's definitely not perfect because of that area of the fender, but overall for my first time, it's pretty good. I think the sides of the bed will be a piece of cake.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rickybobby69