V-Dub Power

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tyger13us

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
450hp/357cid
Here ya go,, A Volkswagen thread.......

another project of mine..

62 pan king pin front swing in the rear....

this motor runs? but smokes like a train,, had a really lose belt and the dude i got it from smoked the motor.....

its a 1500 with 1300 heads,, a real scab job...

i have a 1600 with a stage 2 Eagle cam and Large single port heads @ 75 Hp..

i also have a fresh rebuilt trans axle to go in it also....

as you can see it needs a roll bar of some kind......

Last edited:

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Cool toy!! :grd:

Tyger13us

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
450hp/357cid
Cool toy!! :grd:

Thanks,, i wanted to get it running this summer,, but ya know how it goes..

my last BaJa bug got 48 mpg and this thing weighs nothing,, so i should get 60mpg,, if i can keep the front tires:big_banana_Dance: on the ground...

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
I don't like the old VW's, entirely because I always have to work on my brother in law's VW's. He used to have a '74 "SunBug"... what a pile that thing was. It had some potential, but it was NOT reliable at all. Now he has a '73 Bug with the automatic stickshift that we restored, it's pretty nice and also runs and drives well, but I still don't care for it, lol.

Tyger13us

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
450hp/357cid
I don't like the old VW's, entirely because I always have to work on my brother in law's VW's. He used to have a '74 "SunBug"... what a pile that thing was. It had some potential, but it was NOT reliable at all. Now he has a '73 Bug with the automatic stickshift that we restored, it's pretty nice and also runs and drives well, but I still don't care for it, lol.

i never got into anything after 66 model year,, the ball joint front end was weak,, then they went to strut and was junk,, i think 74 was the first year for the Super Beetle,it was front strut, it ran really good ether fuel injection or dual port heads and a Weber carb,, but the rest of the car was junk,,IMO......

and ive done alot of work on bugs,, the one thing i really didnt like was the auto stick,, they kept burning up.......

just my EXP with um.........

A VW is really a Porsche motor...

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
i never got into anything after 66 model year,, the ball joint front end was weak,, then they went to strut and was junk,, i think 74 was the first year for the Super Beetle,it was front strut, it ran really good ether fuel injection or dual port heads and a Weber carb,, but the rest of the car was junk,,IMO......

and ive done alot of work on bugs,, the one thing i really didnt like was the auto stick,, they kept burning up.......

just my EXP with um.........

A VW is really a Porsche motor...

I like the auto stick in this one he has now, it's cool just because it's different. The trans has held up all these years, but the motor has been left stock.

"A VW is really a Porsche motor" I like to think of that the other way around :)

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
I worked on a dude's old VW bus one time. It was neat to tinker around with that type motor and drive it around. Something different to play with at the time I guess.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
squareframe