useing house carpet?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
the cheap stuff from wal-mart or autozone for 9 bucks a roll works fine. Had it in another truck, got it in old mans truck and my truck it works great and you can heat it to conform to any floor curves and humps.

bobehud

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Truck Year
91' with early 80's drivetrain
Truck Model
Suburban K3500
Engine Size
454 carbed
My carpet isnt trashed but i am going to try get info on dyeing the carpet.
If yours is just faded and intact i have seen dealers do it on older cars,if done right its a lot cheaper. for me a great deal cheaper,my 'Burban carpet set would cost more than i can do...

86chevyk20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Liam
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
i dont have any carpet when i got my cab i tore it out because i thought i wasnt gona use that color.....now i am DOH!!!!!.. ill just save my money for the right one. thanks guys

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
I used house carpet in an old Dodge p/u once. It is a bitch to mold around the trans hump and gas pedal area. That was back when I bought a different vehicle every 6 months, lol....

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I'm thinking of pulling my carpets out and just using Black Monstaliner. It should look like a black matt.

gilbertjr04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Gilbert
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
my dad put it in a 72 ford for a headliner,dash cover and on the floor he loved it but i thought it looked like ****. it was kinda shaggy brown with red and white highlights and the truck was a brown color. i would never do it most molded car or truck carpets run anywhere from 150 to 250 bucks
crew cab chevy is 149 bucks
http://www.stockinteriors.com

I would have to agree with Kleedus. I also dont recommend house carpet. It deteriorates very rapidly. You're better off saving some money and doing it right the first time. You can save a lot of money if you do it yourself. The carpeting nowadays comes preformed and is really easy to install. You should take a look at LMC carpets.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
630erik1