Turbo 350C to 4L60E

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
So what am I WRONG about?

Joshua8336

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
depending on the build level, 4l60e's can be great transmisissions. i had rossler 4l60e in my 90rs and it is the best investment i ever made. regret selling it, could have used it in my blue 85. i thought the same about all the electronics, but the bark is worse than the bite. it really isn't that bad when you dig in and get started

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Ok, Soooooooooooooo What am I WRONG about???

Joshua8336

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
about the electronics. they aren't really that bad.

Guardian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
c 10
Engine Size
THe matter of how bad or good electronics are is not half as important as the manner in which you decided to deliver your message. I beleive we all are respectful on this site and do disagree on some subjects but telling someone they are wrong for their ideas is paramount to telling them tehy are not entitled to have an independant thought.

Slow your roll and speak for your case not against HotRod's.

crazy4offroad

Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
about the electronics. they aren't really that bad.

I got what you meant when I read it. And I dont think you were particularly disrespectful to anyone, especially that Oklahoma cowboy with the yellow boots and rusty zipper. :lol:

Joshua8336

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
THe matter of how bad or good electronics are is not half as important as the manner in which you decided to deliver your message. I beleive we all are respectful on this site and do disagree on some subjects but telling someone they are wrong for their ideas is paramount to telling them tehy are not entitled to have an independant thought.

Slow your roll and speak for your case not against HotRod's.

sorry hotrod, didn't mean any disrespect. was just giving my .02, i have swapped to 4l60e, and didn't have a problem with electronics.
You must be registered for see images attach

this is the only electronics you'll have to worry about, besides the 4 grounds that run to the PCM. good luck with your swap. brake switch might not be purple, depending on your year model truck. get the PCM from the vehicle you pull the transmission, lt1 will have optispark on the front of the engine, ls1 will have individual coils over every cylinder

Last edited:

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
NO Thang !!! I was just curious what I was wrong I about, and I don't recall I said anything at all wrong with electonics. I think all I said was, "And you don't really want to do a 4l60E cuz unless you're ready to deal with all the electronics involved."
So where someone gets I was saying electronics are bad because I mentioned, "UNELSS YOU'RE READY TO DEAL WITH ELECTRONICS INOLVED" Electrnoics are fantastic, but if you're not ready to deal with them, then why should you? Especially when there is a NON Electrnoic option available for a NON Electonic vehicle. Just didn't make sense to me. Some people like to keep their simple vehicles simple. I personally won't go with an electrnoic trans until I have an electronic motor, like a SFI injected Vortec or LS motor.

Joshua8336

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
NO Thang !!! I was just curious what I was wrong I about, and I don't recall I said anything at all wrong with electonics. I think all I said was, "And you don't really want to do a 4l60E cuz unless you're ready to deal with all the electronics involved."
So where someone gets I was saying electronics are bad because I mentioned, "UNELSS YOU'RE READY TO DEAL WITH ELECTRONICS INOLVED" Electrnoics are fantastic, but if you're not ready to deal with them, then why should you? Especially when there is a NON Electrnoic option available for a NON Electonic vehicle. Just didn't make sense to me. Some people like to keep their simple vehicles simple. I personally won't go with an electrnoic trans until I have an electronic motor, like a SFI injected Vortec or LS motor.

i wouldn't suggest using the 4l60e unless you have an lt1, or a ls1. again, just my .02. now the t56 is a totally different story, t56's work well behind SBC's.

Guardian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
c 10
Engine Size
I deal with electronics all day at work and can deal with most issues that come up; I am more concerned about how well it will hold up. I drive it daily but do hammer it when I get the chance. I have considered tweaking on the engine more next spring and want to find out which is going to suit the application best.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Another sneaky option that can be considered for an OD trans since you're running a 2wd, and not needing to be adapted to a Transfer Case, is the 200-4r. I thought I'd never suggest such a thing, but guys are running 200-4r transmissions in Grand Nationals that do wheelstands leaving the line. I thought I scored one not long ago only because I want to disect one, and wouldn't mind trying one out. I know one thing I like about it, is that it's a cast iron valve body and that in itself avoids alot of issues that 700r4/4L60-E has in worn valve bores, having to sleeve bores and that kind of thing. Granted, upgrads also have to be done to be that durable just like 700r4's

Joshua8336

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Another sneaky option that can be considered for an OD trans since you're running a 2wd, and not needing to be adapted to a Transfer Case, is the 200-4r. I thought I'd never suggest such a thing, but guys are running 200-4r transmissions in Grand Nationals that do wheelstands leaving the line. I thought I scored one not long ago only because I want to disect one, and wouldn't mind trying one out. I know one thing I like about it, is that it's a cast iron valve body and that in itself avoids alot of issues that 700r4/4L60-E has in worn valve bores, having to sleeve bores and that kind of thing. Granted, upgrads also have to be done to be that durable just like 700r4's

my dad had a 2 speed powerglide in his 78 trans am, and we never could get a top speed out of it, and it never tore up.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
my dad had a 2 speed powerglide in his 78 trans am, and we never could get a top speed out of it, and it never tore up.

Powerglides are good for a race only trans. Gotta have alot of gear and a trans brake to launch hard, but they rob little to no horsepower at all, and are very durable. There are guys running 8's with Powerglides. Even alot of Ford racers are adapting Powerglides for 1/4 and 1/8 mile dragracing.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
This is different though. This is putting GM parts in a F$RD, not put F#*D parts in a GM.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MikeD