Truck @ The Garage Anxiety

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JamesSam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado V10
Engine Size
5.7 L 350 v8
Got the truck back. I forgot to mention that after I replaced the oil pressure sending unit I saw oil leaking. I had wiped it all off one day. Got back under before I drove it next and then after driving more oil slightly leaking and sputtering out. With cardboard under overnight I saw a few drops but nothing crazy. When I dropped it for the oil change I did want these guys that know my truck(my precious)to check for the leak. It was the old corroded valve cover gasket.

JamesSam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado V10
Engine Size
5.7 L 350 v8
I am glad it was the pros doing this job and not me at this moment in time. With my kids schedule there is alot going on and I would not be able to devote the time like I would have wanted to. I am purchasing an oil pan and plan to do the old changes in the future myself. Eventually I know I can do what my garage took care of and we talked about all that today when I picked it up.

RecklessWOT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
350 TBI
Most auto parts stores will take used oil and automotive fluids. Some also take used oil filters. In Texas it's a $500 fine for EACH oil filter found in household garbage.....
that's why you make a point to go out of your way and make sure you throw them in a bag with no personally identifiable trash. No bills, no receipts, no photos of your family, etc. Its not a dead body, they're not gonna get all CSI on your ass and start looking for prints and DNA over a couple old oil filters or an old gallon or five of waste oil..., just don't make it easy to figure out...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scandia