Garage Overhead Storage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
Ok, so I'm a semi-hoarder, and if a part/tool is on sale, I'll buy 2 lol. Anyway, I've got too much crap in the garage and really need a storage building but that ain't happening any time soon.

I've always wanted to use some of the space just below the ceiling. Hell I can put ladders, weed-eaters, shovels, and other cumbersome stuff up high. I've got 2 foot floor joist above, so I was thinking of a 4x8' piece of plywood with the winch (not my wife) mounted up high in the joist. Then mark the stud locations on the top side of the plywood, then lift it all the way flush with the joists.....or not flush as needed.

Using some of the ideas in the video below. This way I gain more floor/wall space in the garage.

Different idea, my joists are 13" apart. I could cut up some pallets and make a hinged platform that I could lower that would have fixed bins no wider than 13". The assembly would be lets say 8' long. I need it, reach up and grab a rope and pull it down. Just figure out a latch and maybe some sort of spring assist to help lowering or putting back up.

Feel free to share what you've done.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
My thoughts are buy the pull down stairs that fit between 2 joists. Pull it down when you need it carry your junk up. If it's just too heavy to carry drop a rope down from the same opening and pull it up. It worked for me. Those pull down stairs are just too easy. Cut a hole screw it in place,done.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laqota