Truck dies on the side of the road. Any suggestions?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BadBowtie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet
Engine Size
5.0L
I still keep thinking about those pickup filter screens inside the fuel tanks. Imagine some debris clogging it up, starving your fuel supply. Truck dies, particles release after sitting a few days, then truck starts right back up again, until it chokes down again with debris inside the fuel tank(s).

Last edited:

JACK34

Banned
Reaction score
First Name
JACK
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Sounds like you just got a bad truck or some wiring issue is going on. TBI's are held in high regard, easy to work on, and rather dependable.
Opinions vary.

AceHanlon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Logan
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
I do plan on driving it around again here soon. I gathered quite a few spare parts over the years since I owned it so I can swap stuff around if need be. Gas cap should be fine but I'll check that too once I get around to it. I defiantly won't be driving it far, that's for sure.

AceHanlon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Logan
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
So after much delay the truck appears to be working fine now. Replaced the EGR valve, Coolant Temperature Sensor, and the EGR control solenoid. Also after some looking at the wiring going to the coolant temp sensor it was a complete hack job from the previous owner. Rewired that the proper way. Knock on wood that the issue is solved.

Also appears that all, if not all, the remaining original solenoid's/sensors have now been replaced.

JACK34

Banned
Reaction score
First Name
JACK
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Glad you got her running again. As I said before I have a 1994 and I replaced everything. TBI trucks are junk. Better knock twice on that wood. Good luck!!

JACK34

Banned
Reaction score
First Name
JACK
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Just sold my 1994 Saturday I have a 1973 K10 350 465 4 speed and 205 transfer now. Much better. Sometimes simple is better. Good luck.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RNFL