Tranny Swap, need info on engine part?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

effnay

Reaction score
First Name
brad
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 2wd
Engine Size
hello there all, first post here. been a lurker for many moons and have benefitted greatly from this site and i really appreciate the info i have gained on here. fixed many things by scanning over listing after listing. anyway...

im in the process of removing the transmission out of my c10. i know i do have the 350c in the truck and will be swapping / rebuilding a seperate th350 i have, NON-LOCKUP. i guess my main question is what are these parts that were bolted to the block behind the distributor? im wanting to clean up wiring and clear out anything that really has no use in my truck anymore that does not serve a purpose.

little side note. i have a 1984 C10 longbed that originally came with a inline 6 and not sure what trans. the friend i bought it from awhile back told me the engine and trans were swapped for a 86 model year i believe. 350 /350c combo. not 100% sure, but that was 12+ year ago. man....time flies

im kinda assuming that the smaller one is the oil pressure sensor?, but the other "big" one, heh, is new to me. any thoughts on these parts? took a extra pic removed from motor to maybe help ID.

You must be registered for see images attach

Vbb199

B-rate Hillbilly Customs
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Truck Year
89, 79
Truck Model
89 Suburban R1500, 79 C10
Engine Size
350, 502

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
Oil pressure switch and sensor

effnay

Reaction score
First Name
brad
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 2wd
Engine Size
well school me if you would please. is there a difference in the sensor vs switch?

RoryH19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rory
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10 Silverado SWB
Engine Size
350 TBI
The big one provides the pressure reading on your gauge. The little one triggers the e-choke for the carb when cold.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ta1nt3d