Tire size with 6" lift?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1986K30

Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
7.4L
Yes, some folks run a rear spacer to even the width out.

boostscootinboogie

Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 shortbed
Engine Size
while on topic also...i need to get a Transfer Case Lowering Kit. if someone has one can you let me know the size of the spacers? also did the trucks come with long bolts for cross member with spacers on the top rail? thats what i have and im thinking someone put the spacers up top and not installed because then they'd have to cut the y pipe. before i buy one i want to make sure if that is it i will install it right. at lower speed slow u get a quick vibration im thinking its from the angle..? pics?

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
while on topic also...i need to get a Transfer Case Lowering Kit. if someone has one can you let me know the size of the spacers? also did the trucks come with long bolts for cross member with spacers on the top rail? thats what i have and im thinking someone put the spacers up top and not installed because then they'd have to cut the y pipe. before i buy one i want to make sure if that is it i will install it right. at lower speed slow u get a quick vibration im thinking its from the angle..? pics?

I've lowered the crossmember with the factory bolts and spacers and had no issues but it was with aftermarket duals. I am not sure if it would affect the factory y-pipe or not though. No vibrations either from that change on a Burb with 6" lift kit.

I like your screen name lol.....

boostscootinboogie

Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 shortbed
Engine Size
thanks came up with it years ago for my turbo mustang race car, gets alot of hits. anyways the cross member right now is tight to the frame, but up in the frame rail there are useless spacers it looks like then a nut. so those are factory and suppose to be there? and you're saying if i flip those and out it in between i will be good?

i'll have to fix the Y pipe either way. i'd like to put headers on it but everything is stock and the smog and all that still works so i dont know if i want to do it to the truck but then again im thinking about a turbo setup over the summer but i cant get crazy its to nice.

chevydude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
hunt
Truck Year
Truck Model
k20
Engine Size
oh previous ford owner ehh

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
thanks came up with it years ago for my turbo mustang race car, gets alot of hits. anyways the cross member right now is tight to the frame, but up in the frame rail there are useless spacers it looks like then a nut. so those are factory and suppose to be there? and you're saying if i flip those and out it in between i will be good?

i'll have to fix the Y pipe either way. i'd like to put headers on it but everything is stock and the smog and all that still works so i dont know if i want to do it to the truck but then again im thinking about a turbo setup over the summer but i cant get crazy its to nice.

Those spacers are there from the factory. They are there so a longer bolt could be used, a longer bolt has more ability to stretch so there's less chance of the bolts snapping off after years and miles of frame flexing.

Lots of people have used the factory spacers to lower the t-case, it's not the best idea, but it works. The y-pipe will clear, it lowers down with the t-case since the whole shebang will pivot on the motor mounts.

boostscootinboogie

Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 shortbed
Engine Size
Those spacers are there from the factory. They are there so a longer bolt could be used, a longer bolt has more ability to stretch so there's less chance of the bolts snapping off after years and miles of frame flexing.

Lots of people have used the factory spacers to lower the t-case, it's not the best idea, but it works. The y-pipe will clear, it lowers down with the t-case since the whole shebang will pivot on the motor mounts.

thanks i might try that but right now the y pipe is close and it is not spaced, close i meant the front drive shaft will prob sit on it after.

now this should fix the little vibration at low speeds some times in the back but how about when the truck is in 4x4 or has hubs locked i get a whining sound over 20mph. is that the angle or is that the driveshaft has to much play and needs to be changed?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dale Downes