Tips & Tricks for Window Regulator removal for the REAR DOORS?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
It is relatively not hard if I remember correctly. I had to move the quarter window for some reason on mine, but I was also doing seals and sound insulation at the time
I was hoping you'd chime in because I knew you'd done some parting out of some burbs. I'll be doing seals, as well, so between that and the input from @bluex it sounds like I'm taking out the qtr window. I'm hoping that I can make some headway on at least one of my rear doors this weekend so we'll see. It depends on if the rain holds off and how long I'm tied up with one of my son's basketball game.

Thanks all for the input. I'm going to try and take pics and do a write up on the process. I Googled and YouTube'd this question before I posted and found literally nothing on the rear doors so I think it'd be beneficial to make a write up on it.

ajd89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
I was hoping you'd chime in because I knew you'd done some parting out of some burbs. I'll be doing seals, as well, so between that and the input from @bluex it sounds like I'm taking out the qtr window. I'm hoping that I can make some headway on at least one of my rear doors this weekend so we'll see. It depends on if the rain holds off and how long I'm tied up with one of my son's basketball game.

Thanks all for the input. I'm going to try and take pics and do a write up on the process. I Googled and YouTube'd this question before I posted and found literally nothing on the rear doors so I think it'd be beneficial to make a write up on it.
I vote for a write up! Because someday im sure ill have to do mine.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD

Quarter glass R & R is not a big deal you should be fine. Might even be easier than the front vent glass.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
Engine Size
350/350/454
Quarter glass R & R is not a big deal you should be fine. Might even be easier than the front vent glass.
That's my hope so I'll just dive into it and see where we land :)

Just ordered 2 ACDELCO window motors for these rear doors. So looks like I'm committed :)

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
Engine Size
350/350/454
I vote for a write up! Because someday im sure ill have to do mine.
I'll do the best I can. I'm a pretty good pictar taker with my iPotato

Big Chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C35
Engine Size
Mine are never going to go bad so I won’t be partaking in your instructional write up.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
Engine Size
350/350/454
Whoa fella, let's not be so hasty here. This club seems like it's worth joining since they don't want me.
well, there's an upfront charge if you want to join and newbies are always responsible for the beer and pizza at the meetings.

Big Chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C35
Engine Size
well, there's an upfront charge if you want to join and newbies are always responsible for the beer and pizza at the meetings.
Don't worry, I've got 100 pizzas coming your way and I'll have to owe you the beer because I couldn't get that delivered. Enjoy!

animal

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10 silverado
Engine Size
350ish
Don't worry, I've got 100 pizzas coming your way and I'll have to owe you the beer because I couldn't get that delivered. Enjoy!
His wife only let's him have the non alcoholic variety anywho. :shrug:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silverado9019