The dumbest purchase you ever made

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big Chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C35
Engine Size
Thanks. I definitely thought about going that route because things were so good in the beginning, but aren’t they always? I kept her out of the loop with my more substantial assets so money would not be a motivator for her to stay, and deep down, I think I knew that it was going to crumble months in advance so I began mentally preparing to abandon ship for a while. She just went totally crazy and blamed me for every bit of it.
I think the biggest mistake young people
make is thinking the other person will change. They don’t. Watch for the red flags and don’t disregard them thinking you can make it go away. I wish someone would have given me some advice like that when I was young but alas, I had to find out the hard way.

Big Chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C35
Engine Size
What happened? I’m not a GMT800 fanboy either, but everyone seems to love them for the most part. My mom’s 02 Burb has been a very dependable car, but it’s too computerized for my taste. Comparatively, those are technologically primitive and user friendly when you look at what’s available in 2019.
It all started on a warm September day in 2003...I was listening to the front pump on my 4l80e replacement transmission knocking once again so I thought I’d be clever and trade that truck in. I drove it from the dealer in Flint almost directly to the dealer in West Branch where they replaced the steering shaft and the rear carrier. It proceeded to go downhill from there but it was a good couple miles right there at first! 14 pages of warranty work before that ran out and then thousands a year to fix just about everything. The only thing I didn’t have an issue with was the engine. Unless you count the early overheating problem.

‘06 Suburban was about the same. Air ride, transfer case, instrument cluster, air, brakes, lots of brakes, fuel pumps, etc, etc.

This is what I own now-100,000 miles and it’s cost me $136 for repairs
You must be registered for see images attach

SquareRoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I bought this x arcade around 12 years ago. It never gets played. I was too dumb to realize you can just play these arcade games from almost any system. I paid $3000. Lol. I have gotten no use out of it an it has zero resale value. But at least I got to play galaga!! Nice one.

You must be registered for see images attach

I would buy that from you today knowing it would be a stupid purchase.

trukman1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5 Blazer
Engine Size
5.7 L (350)
For my ex girlfriend, the dinners, the gifts, the birth control, the gasoline going over, the years spent, the weight gained, the stress accrued, and so on. Unless she’s planning to cut me a check, I’m never seeing all that money again. I did get my weight/health on track better than it was before, which the exit from that was a big motivator.

I wouldn't put birth control in the "stupid purchase" category. Probably the best money you ever spent! ;)

4WDKC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kacy
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
It’s a bad expenditure if she’s ******* everyone else and not you. Lol

Still worth it if it keeps her from trying to say its yours.

The V10 I just sold, it was rusty and looking around I over paid for it, dumped a bunch of money and time in it and barely got more than what I bought the truck for.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Still worth it if it keeps her from trying to say its yours.

The V10 I just sold, it was rusty and looking around I over paid for it, dumped a bunch of money and time in it and barely got more than what I bought the truck for.
Not if your fixed. Lol

shiftpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
shiftpro
Truck Year
73-87
Truck Model
1500, 2500, 3500
Engine Size
350, 383, 454, 496!
Huh? I always heard that you guys used leaves, pinecones, or something like that up there. Not true???
Oh I just stepped out of the igloo for as moment thinking I would try the modern world. It was a fail.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
Oh I just stepped out of the igloo for as moment thinking I would try the modern world. It was a fail.
I assume you swim in maple syrup when it's warm out?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tnahaus