The dumbest purchase you ever made

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dajn37

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10 scottsdale
Engine Size
I bought this x arcade around 12 years ago. It never gets played. I was too dumb to realize you can just play these arcade games from almost any system. I paid $3000. Lol. I have gotten no use out of it an it has zero resale value. But at least I got to play galaga!! Nice one.

You must be registered for see images attach

dajn37

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10 scottsdale
Engine Size
A little better pic of my wise investment. And just to put in perspective. This would be like paying 20 grand for a pool table

Hatchet54

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Red
Truck Year
Truck Model
1500 Sierra Grande
Engine Size
I honestly doubt if that one'll be topped.

Hatchet54

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Red
Truck Year
Truck Model
1500 Sierra Grande
Engine Size
Obviously this has no comparison whatsoever to your example, but I bought a short piece of pipe insulation the other day for probably three times what it was worth, and it didn't even fit my application. And it was all because I felt bad that I made the nice girl at the counter spend 5 minutes in the warehouse looking for it and I didn't have the heart to tell her no thanks after I saw the price.

I mean, it's no $3000 arcade, but the regret is the same.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
A 1995 Saturn SL2. Never, in my life have I ever purchased a more worthless POS. I regretted buying that pile almost immediately

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
A 1995 Saturn SL2. Never, in my life have I ever purchased a more worthless POS. I regretted buying that pile almost immediately

Other than the crazy vibrating dashboards while stopped, I always thought they were decent cars. Many of them were abused and never had a chance.

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
Other than the crazy vibrating dashboards while stopped, I always thought they were decent cars. Many of them were abused and never had a chance.
what he said. My '01 sw2 wagon is at 347,000 now. I went through the engine and trans @ 300k though, only because it was using a bit of oil.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
The one I bought definitely seemed to be abused and somehow I didn’t see it before buying it. Completely my fault but a POS nonetheless lol the Saturn I have now is the polar opposite of that one

Big Chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C35
Engine Size
This pile of ****. Between this and the pile of garbage Suburban I had to lay off GM trucks for a while.

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
This pile of ****. Between this and the pile of garbage Suburban I had to lay off GM trucks for a while.

What happened? I’m not a GMT800 fanboy either, but everyone seems to love them for the most part. My mom’s 02 Burb has been a very dependable car, but it’s too computerized for my taste. Comparatively, those are technologically primitive and user friendly when you look at what’s available in 2019.

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
Here's your game winner.....

A wedding ring for my now ex-wife.

For my ex girlfriend, the dinners, the gifts, the birth control, the gasoline going over, the years spent, the weight gained, the stress accrued, and so on. Unless she’s planning to cut me a check, I’m never seeing all that money again. I did get my weight/health on track better than it was before, which the exit from that was a big motivator.

Dougnsalem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
For my ex girlfriend, the dinners, the gifts, the birth control, the gasoline going over, the years spent, the weight gained, the stress accrued, and so on. Unless she’s planning to cut me a check, I’m never seeing all that money again. I did get my weight/health on track better than it was before, which the exit from that was a big motivator.
You're a wise man for keeping her as just a girlfriend. Otherwise you could have been looking at attorney fees, alimony, child support, loss of part of your future retirement money, loss of part or all of your business, one or both of your nuts..... Yeah, I did that once. Lol. Not ever again.

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
You're a wise man for just keeping her as a girlfriend. Otherwise you could have been looking at attorney fees, alimony, child support, loss of part of your future retirement money, loss of part or all of your business..... Yeah, I did that once. Lol. Not ever again.

Thanks. I definitely thought about going that route because things were so good in the beginning, but aren’t they always? I kept her out of the loop with my more substantial assets so money would not be a motivator for her to stay, and deep down, I think I knew that it was going to crumble months in advance so I began mentally preparing to abandon ship for a while. She just went totally crazy and blamed me for every bit of it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmousseau8