The dumbest purchase you ever made

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
I was actually looking at cabs to replace the one on it due to rust along with all the other typical rust on these trucks... never would have been broke even much less be profitable.
My response was to the birth control part of this lol

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
1981, 1965
Truck Model
81-C20 Silverado Camper Special-TH400-4.10s; 65-C20 with 4:57 gears and Borg Warner Overdrive
Engine Size
Carb'ed Vortec 350; 1972 L48 350

dajn37

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10 scottsdale
Engine Size
A 1995 Saturn SL2. Never, in my life have I ever purchased a more worthless POS. I regretted buying that pile almost immediately
I hear that. I have had pretty good luck with my vehicle purchases other than a 1998 f150 I bought in 2001. What a piece of **** that thing was. That thing is long gone in the junk yard now. Good riddance

dajn37

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10 scottsdale
Engine Size
You guys are friggin hilarious.

Hey maybe it’s just me
But I thought them arcades were worth good money?
Why is yours any different there’s like a traveling troupe of nerds that collect those things.
Little update and proper advertising you could sell that for what you got into It at least.
But yeah... I have all the arcade games on my consoles /
Cell phone ;)
I you play every arcade game ever made on an xbox.
if its a real arcade from back in the day it may be worth it but, you can download emulators load onto a $35 computer, build a cabinet add a screen and be able to play any game ever all the way up to PS2 I believe.
That's the problem. This is just a cabinet with an xbox in it. Or a playstation or whatever you want to put in it. But you can achieve the same result for under $100.

dajn37

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10 scottsdale
Engine Size
If an effort to redeem myself, here is one of my best purchases. A late 70's bobcat 610. I bought this around the same time. When I was building my little house. I paid $4000 for it. Yes it leaks hydraulic oil. And yes it has been temperamental throughout the years. But I know this machine very well. I put maybe 50 hours a year on it. But what a great little machine to have around. This thread is now about our good investments

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Frankenchevy

Proverbs 16:18
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
If an effort to redeem myself, here is one of my best purchases. A late 70's bobcat 610. I bought this around the same time. When I was building my little house. I paid $4000 for it. Yes it leaks hydraulic oil. And yes it has been temperamental throughout the years. But I know this machine very well. I put maybe 50 hours a year on it. But what a great little machine to have around. This thread is now about our good investments

Old tractors have to be loved, lol. It gets tough when the manufacturers stop supporting wearable parts. I have an older Kubota that’s a roll of the dice every time you need a part for it.

Snoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy Sierra
Engine Size

Needs more mud caked on it. Then it won't leak so bad.

dajn37

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10 scottsdale
Engine Size
Old tractors have to be loved, lol. It gets tough when the manufacturers stop supporting wearable parts. I have an older Kubota that’s a roll of the dice every time you need a part for it.
I have developed a hatred for carberators. I love old stuff but I see why they quit making carbs. And I realize a lot my issue is because I never learned how to be at one with a carb. Haha. In either words, I know it my own ignorance.

shiftpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
shiftpro
Truck Year
73-87
Truck Model
1500, 2500, 3500
Engine Size
350, 383, 454, 496!
I have developed a hatred for carberators. I love old stuff but I see why they quit making carbs. And I realize a lot my issue is because I never learned how to be at one with a carb. Haha. In either words, I know it my own ignorance.
Carbs are a helluva lot more user friendly than injection...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jakebr8k