tbi to carb?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

proddy2008

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
patrick
Truck Year
Truck Model
silverado 3500 dually
Engine Size
350/sm465/d70hd
i dont know if youve done this yet but as far as the throtle cable brackets and such, iv always had trouble with them lol, you could go to the junk yard and just grab the manifold carb and dizzy for probobly less than a $100 bill... or wait do you have the centerbolt or perrimiter bolt heads?

coreys87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
corey
Truck Year
Truck Model
v1500
Engine Size
not sure. never even loooked. i figured out what i want to do tho. vortec heads with a manifoldand adapter for tbi or tbi manifold and a cam and a chip from tbi chips. should make some decent power.

proddy2008

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
patrick
Truck Year
Truck Model
silverado 3500 dually
Engine Size
350/sm465/d70hd
Iv heard very good things about those vortec heads, I heard they came out with a carb manifold for them to and iv been considering a set for.my next motor aswell I dont know/havent heard how they hold up under boost so I am a little worried I cant recall how they do with porting either lol but for you sticking close to stock from what I gather they would work fairly well. I would be carefull of going to big on the cam iv seen a couple of people over run the factory fi with to much cam beond much above stock I would go with a holly projection or a carb, not to say it cant be done, but I know I would be carefull, just make shure you ask whoever makes your cam if it will work with your tbi, if they dont know look at annother manufacturer

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jodygraham64