TBI chip

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1911_colt

Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban 2500
Engine Size
Hello I was wondering if any one could tell me if a chip for my 87 suburban would really kick it up a notch on the torque and hp side of things it's on 35s with 4.10s or 4.11s and its a dogs turd can barely get out of its own way I'd like to know if the chip will work before I rip off the tbi and put a standard carb and performer on it

Jims86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
5.7 TBI
Hello I was wondering if any one could tell me if a chip for my 87 suburban would really kick it up a notch on the torque and hp side of things it's on 35s with 4.10s or 4.11s and its a dogs turd can barely get out of its own way I'd like to know if the chip will work before I rip off the tbi and put a standard carb and performer on it

Hello you may notice a little but not much best thing to do is numerically higher gears and engine work for the cost the TBI chip wont give you much and remember its a suburban not a camaro or you could put smaller tires on lol omg haha like totally

1911_colt

Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban 2500
Engine Size
Never smaller tires ha idk how to explain it its so slow I could prob out run it on a mountain bike up hill it runs good and sounds good just won't even spin a tire on wet pavement with open diffs I guess I'm gonna go with the intake and carb with a cam and hope that works well I don't want a roudy beast just some thing that will move out of its way my little blazer it's ten times faster and it runs like ****

MrMarty51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Best thing to do would be to find out what gear ratios You actually have, sometimes the factory geared some of these beasts extraordinarily high.
To Me, 3:73 or 76s in a suburban was way to high to be pulling such a beast as a Suburban.
Taking that along with the 700R4 transmixer and they then really turn into a slug.

Jims86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
5.7 TBI
Best thing to do would be to find out what gear ratios You actually have, sometimes the factory geared some of these beasts extraordinarily high.
To Me, 3:73 or 76s in a suburban was way to high to be pulling such a beast as a Suburban.
Taking that along with the 700R4 transmixer and they then really turn into a slug.

Marty, you were not supposed to use proper sentence forming, or punctuation on this thread. You must learn to post like a 15 year old who was day dreaming about *****, instead of paying attention in english class.
Pulling the TBI will ruin that truck. Best thing to do is a ported throttle body, gasket matched intake and exhaust manifolds, and a straight through muffler. Thats about as good as it gets. If you change the cam, you will need the chip custom tuned, and there is a guy down in Vancouver,Wa that can tune her while you drive.

Last edited:

woodsrider250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350-Qjet
What RPMs do you turn at 60 in 3rd/Drive?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigbluesquare