Tank vent routing stepside

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dhenderz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Where does the fuel tank vent route on a stepside? On my 77 K10 the vent was plugged by the PO so I have no idea where it is supposed to go. I assume somewhere up high within the fenders. Or was there a charcoal vacuum canister in the engine bay by 77? Again, the PO had removed all of the emission equip so nothing is left as a reference.

75gmck25

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25 Camper Special TH350 NP203
Engine Size
On my '75 the steel vent line runs up the passenger side frame rail (it might be driver's side on your '77) to a point very close to the fuel pump. From there they have a rubber line that runs over to the bottom of the vapor canister, which is on the driver's side next to the lower side of the radiator. My truck originally had a vent line running from the canister over to a fitting on the Quadrajet, but my newer Quadrajet (one from about 1980) did not have that fitting for the vapor line, and I left it just hanging for a while.

You can see the vapor canister on the left side of this picture. I had the vent line that originally ran to the carburetor disconnected, and later just connected it to a fitting I added to the air cleaner. I figure that will draw enough air to pull vapor out of the canister. If there was ever a check valve or solenoid in my system to control the vapor purge, there is no evidence of how it worked.

Bruce

You must be registered for see images attach

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
satansdad