Tamco Paint

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
A little trick on mixing paint, Mark a paint stick with your graduations as example 150 percent mark a paint stick at 1" and again at 1.5 inches now you can mix in the cup, in a mayonnaise jar, red solo cup from last night etc. Hold stick upright in your cup and pour your products.

Last edited:

DanMcG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Truck Year
1978 1985
Truck Model
k10 k10
Engine Size
400 350
Personally I'd go bare metal, than acid etch,then dp40lf or spi primer, .

Doesn't SPI frown on their prime over an acid etch?

Last edited:

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Yes its similar to the 3M PPS system, uses those adapters for the T cups, its a hard cup with graduations, liners, and lids with filters in them. Pour your product in there, mix it, pop the lid on shake it, spray, dispose of liner, couple ounces of thinner to clean the gun out and ready to go.
Ok. Just looked them up. Yup, looks handy for sure.

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
Doesn't SPI frown on their prime over an acid etch?
Not if done correctly so the frown on it in general so no one blames them when things fail due to user error where as ppg does recommend acid etch and sells it, and then different acid wash manufacturers have different recommendations as to use and to top that off clowns on the internet recommend different products applied differently, because they heard from their cousins brothers dog groomer, that product x was the same thing just cheaper. I use what I trust, I don't gamble with my time and hard work.Use water base cleaner then Ospho leave it on if you aren't prime/painting for a while wipe it off and wash it while it's wet if your painting priming soon.If left on you have to wet it with itself again then wipe it off and wash it while its wet before you paint. Unless your using enamel over it. FWIW por 15 marine clean is water based solvent,por 15 metal ready is phosphoric acid wash(ospho) then top coated with magic paint.The paints not the magic, the clean,oil free,acid etched to kill microscopic rust and promote adhesion surface is the magic.The paint is the smoke and mirrors, so you don't realize the magic was the prep.

Last edited:

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Just ordered the rest of the paint materials.
Unreal bargain!
The gallon + quart ( 2 colors) of base coat was about $300 and they don’t put custom colors on sale. But it’s 1:1 basecoat so 2 sprayable gallons for 1 gal paint.

The rest of the stuff, 2 gal DTM primer, 2 gal clear, 1 gal chassis paint and 3 gal reducer was under $600!!

30% off sale only good today, Saturday.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhatch84