Tailgate trunnions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
Are the ones in the droman help section at auto stores work on ours? And if so, are they good quality? Ive got a non-quick attach tailgate and ive been using it on a quick detach bed for a while and its rounded out pretty well ontop of being old. Id just assume replace so the thing doesnt fall off.

And, does anyone know if GMT 400 trunnion would interchange? Both bed and tailgate sides

Dads84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Troy
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 scottsdale
Engine Size
I have a older tailgate on my 84. the tailgate came from a 74 ( like the Chevrolet letters that go all the way across the tailgate) the trunnions are different. the older ones have a larger circumference then the newer ones. The parts store only had the smaller ones, and that would set my tailgater lower then the bed sides, so I found older ones at a pull a part, and they worked great. But if it's for a newer tailgate, they should work, from what I see. I didn't know there was a difference, and I don't know what year they changed!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmeade