Suspension / Steering Parts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
Well, if you look at he LMC exploded view that jtridgley79 posted, PN #'s 1-6 are all for 73-80. 81-87 doesn't start til #7...which I think is a bunch of #2.

You must be registered for see images attach
could not find an exploded view in 1980 manual

ali_c20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Alexander
Truck Year
1974, 1979
Truck Model
C20, K5
Engine Size
350, 350
Is it just me, or does LMC's new website suck compared to the old one?
It sucks a lot. I liked to click thru the old website and see all parts that are available for all years and models. This new filter everything is really annoying. I have to order a paper catalog but it will not arrive as USPS is not able to make shippings to europe because of corona. Fedex and UPS are delivering on time....

Doppleganger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
This is what I was looking for (with Moog PNs). This is for an 85 K20 (and others 81+ I believe). I made it for my own honey-do checklist. :hat:

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

MisterB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
AJ
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K2500 4X4
Engine Size
I just got done replacing all those parts. You wouldn't believe how much better my truck handles now.

I wouldn't recommend LMC for this. First of all, the adjuster sleeve on the drag link was the wrong size. Second, I had to pay quite a bit in shipping. Third, they sent my left tie rod and right tie rod in separate boxes that arrived a week apart. During that time, I went ahead and bought new adjuster sleeves, and the right tie rod end from NAPA so I could finish everything and have adjuster sleeves that fit.

NAPA had everything in stock, and the quality was good and fit right.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
I just got done replacing all those parts. You wouldn't believe how much better my truck handles now.

I wouldn't recommend LMC for this. First of all, the adjuster sleeve on the drag link was the wrong size. Second, I had to pay quite a bit in shipping. Third, they sent my left tie rod and right tie rod in separate boxes that arrived a week apart. During that time, I went ahead and bought new adjuster sleeves, and the right tie rod end from NAPA so I could finish everything and have adjuster sleeves that fit.

NAPA had everything in stock, and the quality was good and fit right.

So maybe use LMC only if it's well ahead or you have other items planned to purchase at the same time?

MisterB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
AJ
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K2500 4X4
Engine Size
So maybe use LMC only if it's well ahead or you have other items planned to purchase at the same time?
Or if I'm somehow OK getting parts that don't fit right?

Doppleganger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I used the PNs I listed on the diagram - all Moog, much can be gotten from Rock, a couple they were out of or one short (ball joints) I got online from Moog dealers......still about 1/2 what list is and ALL with lifetime warranties. All the Moog I have received so far is Made in USA....but have seen reviews online about getting chinese at times too. SKF is the same - they have various levels of bearings...best ones are Sweden-Germany, then there is Mexico and even some Viet Nam. Depends on where you get them.

You can get lucky at times when the blister pack stores (Autozone, Oreillys, etc) rebox reputable companies for their house brands. A couple years ago, most of the AZ stuff was Moog. I ordered about 5 pieces - now that I know what PNs I need, I found only one of them was correct.....and the ball joints were Proforged Taiwan (which is still FAR better than china) so going to return them all this week - unless anyone here wants them. I ask only because Moog may not be the maker of choice today for these guys.....dunno.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
Or if I'm somehow OK getting parts that don't fit right?

Oh I didnt see that part, my bad. I was just thinking when its a good time to order LMC, probably in bulk with no rush needed. since the shipping kills.

Doppleganger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I'm updating this to say I found its a potluck between whats actually on the truck and what catalogs and diagrams say should be.

UFB.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchell1128