Stripping a 88 C1500 2wd full size truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

davbell22602

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
I Dont
Truck Model
Have
Engine Size
One
Here's pic of the engine thats supposed to be low mileage.

You must be registered for see images attach

davbell22602

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
I Dont
Truck Model
Have
Engine Size
One
Progress pics on stripping the truck out.

towman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
v10
Engine Size
I too would not trust chevytalk, not just because I am trying to say they are dumb, because I'm not, it's just this...

a more gmt400 dedicated forum, where guys only work on or have these trucks, or whatever like 67=-72chevytrucks 88-98 section or gmt400.com they would know and could be trusted more then chevytalk which covers, basically anything chevy. Then as retro said maybe they are talking direct swap bolt in deal, and don't want to change a plug and etc.

on chevytalk, in the 88 to 98 section there is a guy that go's by someotherguy, he has more knowledge of anyone i have ever seen on those trucks, i am a mechanic in the shop everyday and i would trust his advice

davbell22602

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
I Dont
Truck Model
Have
Engine Size
One
on chevytalk, in the 88 to 98 section there is a guy that go's by someotherguy, he has more knowledge of anyone i have ever seen on those trucks, i am a mechanic in the shop everyday and i would trust his advice

He's on FSC also.

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
well nobody said exactly who it was and I had no idea on there being a 88-98 section on their site since I aint on it.

towman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
v10
Engine Size
well nobody said exactly who it was and I had no idea on there being a 88-98 section on their site since I aint on it.

there 88 t0 98 section is pretty good, there 73 to 87 section is lame as hell, this is by far the best square body site i have found

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
You're not getting much weight from that cluster. You should send it to Retro for disection and then maybe he can come up with a pinout diagram for needle conversions.

I don't think I'd burn that gas either. Its Turpentime by now and will be very green. And when I say Green, I don't mean environmental friendly. If I did burn it, I'd likely go 1 gallon of it to 10 gallons of new gas.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Progress pics on stripping the truck out.

Woo Hoo, you're actaully doing it.?!?!?! Looks like progress to me. :crazy: Who is taking bets Dave don't get it stripped and the motor and trans end up in the scrap yard with the truck?

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
BTW, where is your 90 3/4 at now if its not at the junkyard? So you don't have the junkyard anymore?

davbell22602

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
I Dont
Truck Model
Have
Engine Size
One
BTW, where is your 90 3/4 at now if its not at the junkyard? So you don't have the junkyard anymore?

Its in the garage here at home cause I cant park it outside with no tags and state inspection. Nope gave it up cause owner of the place wont put any money into it excepted me to put out the money for things like building materials, getting the electric checked and/or fixed, expected me to be down there pretty much all the time to work on this junky house. He rented out to someone else and he told them I trashed the place. Wrong. I didnt trash the place he did by bringing crap load of used building materials windows, doors, etc. He wont let me clean the inside of the house so I could work it. So there sat the house with the inside almost filled up with reuseable building materials that he's been collecting over the years.

Last edited:

davbell22602

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
I Dont
Truck Model
Have
Engine Size
One
The motor and trany is out. WOO HOO!

I had to keep oilpan under tail of the trany cause after I removed the driveshaft the tailend of the trany starting leaking like crazy.

Last edited:

towman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
v10
Engine Size
glad to see you got that pulled, jusr started raining here again, 8 days in a row

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Sumbish. The world is going to end a day later than predicted. Dave got something done !!! :roflbow:
Why didn't you have that neighbor sitting across the street on his front porch help you out?

Last edited:

davbell22602

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
I Dont
Truck Model
Have
Engine Size
One
Sumbish. The world is going to end a day later than predicted. Dave got something done !!! :roflbow:
Why didn't you have that neighbor sitting across the street on his front porch help you out?

Cause I wanted to do it by myself. I'll never learn how to do something if I have help on everything. Thats the way people are around not willing help when its really needed so I learned to be creative. For example I was removing the rear bumper and nobody to hold the one side to keep it from falling on me. So I had I come up with the idea of wrapping a ratchet tie strap around the one side of the rear bumper then hooked up by the cab on the inside of the bed. Then I tightened it up with no slack and it worked to.

davbell22602

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
I Dont
Truck Model
Have
Engine Size
One
Here's a picture of what the antifreeze looked like.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
holleytool