Stop Leak In Radiator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
Just in case it also disconnected at the control box, can you remove it without removing the Guage cluster? The pic looks like you can.
wdym? To remove the HVAC head thing I believe the bezel thing comes off, i think, and then the screws that hold it. Control box? You mean the... ac part? or the flapper? Im confused

Oh I just looked up further, that end. I think you can fix it with the glove box out, its just back there. my glovebox falls out if I open it, must be the NASCAR pit stop option for fixing a HVAC cable :)
if the cable broke then that sucks but you should be able to repair plastic with epoxy

Jimbarry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
wdym? To remove the HVAC head thing I believe the bezel thing comes off, i think, and then the screws that hold it. Control box? You mean the... ac part? or the flapper? Im confused

Oh I just looked up further, that end. I think you can fix it with the glove box out, its just back there. my glovebox falls out if I open it, must be the NASCAR pit stop option for fixing a HVAC cable :)
if the cable broke then that sucks but you should be able to repair plastic with epoxy
Sorry, I'm old. What I meant is can the heater control box be removed without the Guage cluster being removed.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
Sorry, I'm old. What I meant is can the heater control box be removed without the Guage cluster being removed.
I think... so? I dont recall touching my cluster to remove it . But The radio may have been if there are things on the back that have ot be undone. my radio isnt fastneed very much since it sotpped working I didnt bother putting it in as it had been before so the wiring plug may have been easier or something.

its been too long unfortunately. but i dont think your cable came undone both sides if you give it a light tug from the glovebox you should know in a second whether its still there or not

Jimbarry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
I think... so? I dont recall touching my cluster to remove it . But The radio may have been if there are things on the back that have ot be undone. my radio isnt fastneed very much since it sotpped working I didnt bother putting it in as it had been before so the wiring plug may have been easier or something.

its been too long unfortunately. but i dont think your cable came undone both sides if you give it a light tug from the glovebox you should know in a second whether its still there or not
Did that, no resistance so ,,,I probably know but in denial.

Jimbarry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
Cable adjustment slot broke at the blend door. Gonna take some jury rigging for now but I'll replace it when I have to remove the gage cluster, everyone has to eventually remove the gage cluster don't they??

Attachments

• 20220111_093837.jpg
    20220111_093837.jpg
    163.2 KB · Views: 51

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl
Cable adjustment slot broke at the blend door. Gonna take some jury rigging for now but I'll replace it when I have to remove the gage cluster, everyone has to eventually remove the gage cluster don't they??
The gauge cluster is stupid easy to remove... takes about 5 minutes to get it out

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
Yeah, you have more confidence in me than me. I'm not as delicate as I used to be, and the plastic looks like a hard glance will shatter it.
i can attest to this LOL my cluster isnt moving until I get a new backing piece that the circuit is on and the light reflects off

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rossivey