Steering issues after 4 inch lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RBC785

Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-20 4x4
Engine Size
so as the title says I’m having some steering issues after I installed my lift. So the truck turns great to the left and seems to stop before it can turn all the way to the right is this a drag link adjustment issue? I replaced the wore out stock drag link with a drop link to correct from the lift since my factory one was shot. I have been thinking I need to un hook the drag link det in the truck turn the wheel that half turn to the right and then adjust the drag link to match the new angle would this be correct? Thanks in advance for help guys

hirschdalechevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
rich
Truck Year
Truck Model
k-30
Engine Size
Welcome , and yes you need to adjust the drag link until you are equal both way's. I am not a fan of the drop , (s shaped) drag link's. The stock drag you can adjust without removal. You can use a stock drag with a steering arm on the axle.

With that being said, I think the aftermarket drag's are adjustable on both ends and don't have a caller for adjustment, (pulling from memory).

Put your front end on jack stands , center tires , then pull one end of drag , center steering wheel , then adjust both ends of the drag , (should be able to swing out for adjustment on the fixed end) until it drops into place with everything centered. Try and make both end's of the drag equal.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
I agree 100% with Hirschdale.

And to center the wheel and steering box, you have to go full rotation from lock to lock, then split the difference. Then adjust the drag link to fit the distance.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mattyb