Spring help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doug80

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
My front leaf springs are negative arched so it rides like a tank and was wondering should I just get new front leaf springs or find a spring shop to re arch them and put an add a leaf?

firebane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Front springs are supposed to be negative arched in a stock truck to help with ride quality. If the ride is THAT rough look into replacing the shocks.

Doug80

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Front springs are supposed to be negative arched in a stock truck to help with ride quality. If the ride is THAT rough look into replacing the shocks.

Already replaced shocks still rides the same it has no flex

350runner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ceasar
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
T bars cranked?

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

77 K20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 5" lift
Engine Size
HT383 fuel injected
Do you notice it mainly when going over a large bump at speed? Like over railroad tracks? The bumpstops are probably 35 years old and are not very squishy anymore. There isn't much distance either between them and the axle if stock height. If nothing else unbolt them and put on a more progressive bumpstop.

You must be registered for see images

Doug80

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Do you notice it mainly when going over a large bump at speed? Like over railroad tracks? The bumpstops are probably 35 years old and are not very squishy anymore. There isn't much distance either between them and the axle if stock height. If nothing else unbolt them and put on a more progressive bumpstop.

You must be registered for see images

Tracks potholes lol it finds all the holes lol. there is not much clearance between the spring and the bump stop. If I replace the bumpstop with some better ones then it should be a little better? i know these truck ride rough but it should not be riding like the axle is mounted to the frame without suspension

firebane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Tracks potholes lol it finds all the holes lol. there is not much clearance between the spring and the bump stop. If I replace the bumpstop with some better ones then it should be a little better? i know these truck ride rough but it should not be riding like the axle is mounted to the frame without suspension

I went over train tracks the other day a tad too fast.. It dropped my shifter from D into 2nd... luckily I caught it fast.

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA

No new bump blocks will not solve the problem. Might help a little but Im thinking you must have some other issue like your springs are de-arched so much that you are riding on your bump stops or something. Does the Sway bar move or is it seized somehow? Don't know how it would but you must have something else causing the problem.

I have a stock K20 that rides like a dream and it has stock de-arched front spring packs.

I would try installing all new polyurethane bushings on all the suspension components and the cab mounts too! As that may be some of the problem as well.

You can replace every piece of rubber bushing on that truck for less than $300

Joe383

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
Could just do a small lift with soft ride springs. I think the lowest ones are 2" or 2.5" and than do a lift block in the rear to match the front. I think it would require you to get new shocks though.

theblindchicken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 5" lift + 2" BL
Engine Size
350-4, 0.030" over
My truck used to ride pretty rough since the front springs were worn out and the shocks were pretty hard to compress.

I lifted my truck with 4" ez rides in the front along with a set of rancho RS9000 shocks. Made a very remarkable difference in the comfort of the ride.

Splandman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
My truck used to ride pretty rough since the front springs were worn out and the shocks were pretty hard to compress.

I lifted my truck with 4" ez rides in the front along with a set of rancho RS9000 shocks. Made a very remarkable difference in the comfort of the ride.

I was looking at those same Rancho Shocks today. I want to do 2" EZ rides and run 33 inch tires on mine. Sounds like you are happy with the shock choice.

theblindchicken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 5" lift + 2" BL
Engine Size
350-4, 0.030" over
I was looking at those same Rancho Shocks today. I want to do 2" EZ rides and run 33 inch tires on mine. Sounds like you are happy with the shock choice.
I really wanted them so I could adjust the damping amount of the shocks. They go from soft to pretty firm. It was well worth it. Especially when they were running the summer rebates on their shocks.

I'm running 32's at the moment and gonna step up to either 33's or 35's when these wear out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigboytko