Something is leaking into passenger floor area, doesn't seem like water.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

powermitten

Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Hey guys! Just got my 84 K10 and thus my first older Chevy truck. To make it short, I had been driving a few hours and no mechanical issues heard or felt but then when I picked my backpack up off of the floor of the passenger side area I noticed there was some type of fluid on it and also seeming to be coming down from behind the dash against the firewall. Fluid was pretty clear, seemed clean, no scent that I could tell. It wasn't water for sure though. The truck does leak power steering fluid decently well but I haven't had time to check the routing and ASSUME there are no hoses anywhere that would result in that leak. Are there any common issues for this that you know of? The truck lives a few hours away at my cabin so sadly I can't run out and check things on it.
Thanks!!!

scrap--metal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Calvin
Truck Year
'85, '81
Truck Model
K10, K20
Engine Size
305, 350
Probably water from a leaking windshield or cowl seam, or coolant from a rotten heater core.

If you can't smell the coolant, try mopping it up with a white paper towel to look for the color.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
btrain04