Somebody check my work please...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

R8rPhan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Truck Year
1973 (1979?)
Truck Model
C10 long bed (Frankenstein truck)
Engine Size
Doing a complete rewire of my supposedly 73 (but probably 79 cab), most of the way done, just nailing down 2 or 3 circuits that I didn't have a road map for.. until now...

I have scoured over everything I can find on the web to find the drawings I need, and as best I can figure out, the wiring in my truck matches that of the 77-80 (79) wiring...

So, I went through and figured out where all the wires went for my wiper/washer system in the harness that came with the truck..

Since the EZ Wire kit does not come with anything except power to the wiper system, I cut off the old connectors, cleaned/deoxidized them, and made up a schematic to use as a wiring map to get them all hooked up again...

So, please check over the wiring diagram I made and attached below, to see if I have it all figured out right...

Also, since I busted off one of the two tabs on the washer pump when I was trying to disconnect it, and the exact replacement washer pump might be expensive, from what I am seeing, that connector only supplies power and then a ground through the push button switch at the dash..

This being the case, I should be able to get any generic 12v Washer Pump Kit and use it, connected to the same two wires, right (pink 94 and white 93)?

Thanks,
Mark

attachment.php

Attachments

• wiper-washer-schematic-small.jpg
    wiper-washer-schematic-small.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 125
Last edited:

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name