Reinstate Wiring for Washer Pump

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TFerguson

Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
Blazer
Engine Size
350 (5.7)
Huh, that's interesting. I wonder if that's true or if it's a coincidence? I say that because my intermittent wipers would work...well, intermittently. Then I did away with my washer bottle all together when I put in my SloshTubz and now they don't work at all.

Wonder if anyone else can shed light on that?
I was kind of figuring that my intermittent wiper issue was due to a bad control module (the one at the base of the steering column). I had read where that could be a source of those kinds of issues. And since they are apparently unobtanium, I had just written it off and was thankful for just having "high" and "low". But yeah, no idea why just having the washer motor connected made it work, but somehow it did. I should also add that there's definitely been some "backyard rewiring" done on mine by POs, so it's also possible that it's due to that.

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
I was kind of figuring that my intermittent wiper issue was due to a bad control module (the one at the base of the steering column). I had read where that could be a source of those kinds of issues. And since they are apparently unobtanium, I had just written it off and was thankful for just having "high" and "low". But yeah, no idea why just having the washer motor connected made it work, but somehow it did. I should also add that there's definitely been some "backyard rewiring" done on mine by POs, so it's also possible that it's due to that.
That's exactly what I've done all this time, just been thankful I have low/high and start saving up for the DSE wiper motor setup. I still have my washer bottle/pump though, maybe I'll rig that up under the hood to see if it still works. Might just need a jumper wire stuffed into the stock plug to get my intermittent back :hmm:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ssgmike