Smog Pump Required?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lewis

Reaction score
First Name
Lewis
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
350 c.i.
I just purchased a 1984 K10 with the 350c.i. engine and auto transmission. This truck came from a non-inspection area of Arizona and I live in Maricopa County which requires smog checks annually and OEM equipment. This truck has no smog equipment and I don't know what it would have had when it was born. Can anyone tell me what 49 State smog equipment would have been on this truck? Thanks in advance for your help!

mtbadbob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20
Engine Size
Can you see evidence of a pump, or any tubes or plugged holes on the exhaust manifolds? Also, not sure that truck would of came with a 350, so perhaps it isn't the original engine? It should of came with the air pump & the plumbing to the exhaust man's, along with an EGR of course...

Ellie Niner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Tory
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Silverado
Engine Size
LE9 305
I thought 49 state half ton trucks in these years came with a 305 as the top engine option... not 100% sure though. Whatever gasoline engine yours came with; it would have a cat, secondary air injection (smog pump), EGR, Electronic Spark Control, and the usual PCV and evaporative emissions hardware. Do you still have an emissions decal on the header panel under the hood? That would tell you for sure what it left the factory with.

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
I thought 49 state half ton trucks in these years came with a 305 as the top engine option... not 100% sure though. Whatever gasoline engine yours came with; it would have a cat, secondary air injection (smog pump), EGR, Electronic Spark Control, and the usual PCV and evaporative emissions hardware. Do you still have an emissions decal on the header panel under the hood? That would tell you for sure what it left the factory with.
My 84 C20 305 federal emissions truck is equipped just like the Post I've quoted.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
I just purchased a 1984 K10 with the 350c.i. engine and auto transmission. This truck came from a non-inspection area of Arizona and I live in Maricopa County which requires smog checks annually and OEM equipment. This truck has no smog equipment and I don't know what it would have had when it was born. Can anyone tell me what 49 State smog equipment would have been on this truck? Thanks in advance for your help!
do you have a SPID? a VECI label on the core support, radiator shroud, or the air cleaner? I could be wrong, but your place probbaly requires that vehicles OE system and stuff so a cali emissions truck probably needs a sticker saying thatm equipment matching ,and then that equipment is there, and that it all works. 49 state is going ro be easier but You probably need to show us your stickers first

Lewis

Reaction score
First Name
Lewis
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
350 c.i.
Thanks everyone! I will check for labels, etc. Hope you all have a HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Turbo4whl

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy
Engine Size
You could get a 350 also, just not the BB in a half ton.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JOD26