Simplified dual tank with sniper EFI

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bluex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
C15
Engine Size
Sniper is slightly different than oe efi on startup priming.

I couldn’t find any info on pollak valve being ethanol compatible. I want every piece to be e85 compatible. Hopefully they’ll ditch obama ethanol fuels in gasoline, but who knows...

My other option is tapping into the primary tank on the filler neck to transfer the fuel in.

Please double check the specs on the Sniper. I dont honestly remember but I'm pretty sure they dont want you running it on E85 unless you specifically tune it for it. The base maps are for E10/15 or whatever we have now. E85 requires a much higher fuel flow volume and you will really mess up you learned tables if you switch it back and forth between the two (if thats even possible)

I really dont think you'll have anything to worry about with the valve or switching it over while its running. Guys with LS swaps have been doing it for years now and you see several with good results in this thread. If you want to keep dual tanks I'd set it up so you can run it off either one. It looks like it will be less complicated honestly.

Last edited:

hatzie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
k20
Engine Size
This is the reply from Pollack... between the dashes.

-------------------------
>Is the 42-159 valve E85 compatible or not?

David,
That is a good question.

I know it’s never been extensively tested for E85 but have not seen any issues.

It is possible that the valve may not last as long.

Steve Tacchi
-------------------------

Honestly, nothing lasts as long on 85% alcohol as it will on 90% gasoline. My buddy that bracket raced on alcohol fuel said it ate the engines up about every year... That's in a handful of 1/4 mile spurts once a week in the summer months. Alcohol is pretty nasty stuff.

Last edited:

SquareRoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I'm running a sniper with my factory dual tanks on my 85. I'm using the Edelbrock remote sump up front, mounted to the inner d/s fender. No need for a return line. Just tee'd the vent line into the cannister line that goes back to the fuel tank(s).
Simple, clean and works great while retaining all the factory fuel system.

Marcoman

Reaction score
First Name
Marco
Truck Year
Truck Model
Scottsdale
Engine Size
I'm running a sniper with my factory dual tanks on my 85. I'm using the Edelbrock remote sump up front, mounted to the inner d/s fender. No need for a return line. Just tee'd the vent line into the cannister line that goes back to the fuel tank(s).
Simple, clean and works great while retaining all the factory fuel system.

Hey there, can you give us an update on how the Sniper system is working these days?

Frankenchevy

Proverbs 16:18
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
Hey there, can you give us an update on how the Sniper system is working these days?
He hated it.

I on the other hand didn’t hate it, but have since switched to the eddy proflo4 as did Mike.

It’s worth noting for a gas powered 1982 vehicle in CA, the sniper is not carb compliant.

Dleslie212

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dustin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
5.7L 350
He hated it.

I on the other hand didn’t hate it, but have since switched to the eddy proflo4 as did Mike.

It’s worth noting for a gas powered 1982 vehicle in CA, the sniper is not carb compliant.

Just finished installing my PF4 last month, with a frame mounted fuel pump. The frame mounted pump is not cutting it. It gets too hot and stops working properly. I'm looking now into replacing both fuel tanks with these:

https://hotrodfuelhose.com/collecti...el-tank-from-tanks-inc?variant=33404707111051

From what I can tell, the tanks from driver to passenger side are identical... does that sound correct?

How do you have your dual pumps wired to switch? And how do you have them plumbed into your switching valve?

Doppleganger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Just finished installing my PF4 last month, with a frame mounted fuel pump. The frame mounted pump is not cutting it. It gets too hot and stops working properly. I'm looking now into replacing both fuel tanks with these:

https://hotrodfuelhose.com/collecti...el-tank-from-tanks-inc?variant=33404707111051

From what I can tell, the tanks from driver to passenger side are identical... does that sound correct?

How do you have your dual pumps wired to switch? And how do you have them plumbed into your switching valve?

They are identical - but $560?! I got Spectra's (Canadian) from Autozone for <$120 ea. last year. I also got the EP381 AC Delco pumps (get the $100 Brazil ones NOT the $50 DNC-chicom ones) to go with the FI intank senders.

Going to wire mine just like the 87 FI's were. Have looked at about 10 different ways but thats the most safe bet (so far) IMO.

Got the PF4 for mine to go in as soon as the FI/brake lines are in.

Only issue I had with the tanks was having to bend down the 1" lip on both sides where the straps go. Cant see it anyways but they fit perfectly then.

Frankenchevy

Proverbs 16:18
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small

I have an ep381 in my main(driver’s) tank. Rather than rely on switch gear, I have a pump for the passenger tank that is simply a transfer pump into the main tank. So when my main tank gets low, I flip on a switch to turn on the pump in the passenger tank that starts transferring fuel into my main tank.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rossivey