Show your daily driver

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Sold my Charger last week an picked up this minty Grandpa mobile an stashed a stack of cash. 115k miles, 3800 V6 for $3700...

You must be registered for see images attach

Get off my lawn you dam kids!!!
Heck yeah. Best kind of car. Grandma-mobiles.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
My grandma car. Already swapped handles out for chrome LTZ units and have an appt for tint next Monday. 68k miles and $2500 :pimp:

Mr Clean

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1982 & 1985
Truck Model
K10 Extra Cab w/ Proper SWB, & 85 K5 Blazer
Engine Size
454 BBC, & 383 Stroker
Sold my Charger last week an picked up this minty Grandpa mobile an stashed a stack of cash. 115k miles, 3800 V6 for $3700...

Get off my lawn you dam kids!!!
Them damn kids, and their loud disco music!

Mr Clean

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1982 & 1985
Truck Model
K10 Extra Cab w/ Proper SWB, & 85 K5 Blazer
Engine Size
454 BBC, & 383 Stroker
My grandma car. Already swapped handles out for chrome LTZ units and have an appt for tint next Monday. 68k miles and $2500 :pimp:

OK I'll ask... what is it?

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
OK I'll ask... what is it?
2008 Malibu. Not a bad little car. Miles and price were right so here we are. Bought it off and old lady who’s been friends with my parents for decades. They called and asked if I was interested. I said yes. The lady, knowing I have a tendency to sell cars, even said she didn’t care if I flipped it without me even mentioning it :roflbow: so we’ll see. I’ll rock it around town and as a commuter for a while. Definitely enjoying the cold AC!! Only car I have with actually cold AC other than the wife’s rig :rofl:

Last edited:

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Well the Grit dog semi annual vehicle rotation is in full swing and likely almost complete again for a while.
Out with the old…

Anyone looking for a VERY clean, sub 100k mile V8 4x4 suv, hit me up. Don’t think it’ll take long 2 sell but so far like 6 out of the 9 people interested are scammers. Bonus, I was planning on keeping it so right before the Camaro appeared, I ran new shocks and brakes on it and flushed or changed every fluid in the vehicle. And fixed the AC!

2 White Chevys in the driveway again.

Bitchin Camaro which you’ve already seen.

And the newest addition….
It’s a diesel but a half ton…. Sips fuel like a Prius!
Since you all like Chevys here, this little Chevy continues to impress.
First 3 tanks of fuel have been 23, 24 and 25mpg respectively! 50/50 mix of sitting in traffic or driving it like a stolen vehicle. 555miles on the last tank and I had to double click the pump handle a couple times to get it to take 22gallons!
Has every bit as much snort as the 5.3 but pulls with a little more authority until you hit 70-80mph+. It would rip a little harder if it had the optional 3.73s. But this one has the base 3.42 gears (the gassers have taller base model gearing).
The 2023s got a bump to 300hp/495tq. That’s pretty meaty out of a 3 litre inline 6!
If I have one first world complaint is that it rides like a typical half ton Chevy….I mean Cadillac….lol. It’s smooth as butter but a bit too soft for a truck. My old work truck, the Trail Boss, is how Chevy ought to make all the suspensions. Still very comfortable but much less body roll and better cornering.

Last edited:

Shorty81

Baby Boomer
Reaction score
First Name
Darren
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Since you all like Chevys here, this little Chevy continues to impress.
First 3 tanks of fuel have been 23, 24 and 25mpg respectively! 50/50 mix of sitting in traffic or driving it like a stolen vehicle. 555miles on the last tank and I had to double click the pump handle a couple times to get it to take 22gallons!
Has every bit as much snort as the 5.3 but pulls with a little more authority until you hit 70-80mph+. It would rip a little harder if it had the optional 3.73s. But this one has the base 3.42 gears (the gassers have taller base model gearing).
The 2023s got a bump to 300hp/495tq. That’s pretty meaty out of a 3 litre inline 6!
If I have one first world complaint is that it rides like a typical half ton Chevy….I mean Cadillac….lol. It’s smooth as butter but a bit too soft for a truck. My old work truck, the Trail Boss, is how Chevy ought to make all the suspensions. Still very comfortable but much less body roll and better cornering.
I have the 5.3. Just a LT. 2020 but only had 8000 miles on the clock, price was right. It does 20 mixed driving. Tows pretty decent

Attachments

• IMG_20230915_172529_hdr.jpg
    IMG_20230915_172529_hdr.jpg
    161.7 KB · Views: 33

mxer147

83 K20, 350 vortec, 465, 208, 14/10, 4.10, 33s
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Truck Year
Truck Model
k20
Engine Size
Put a new upper plenum, valve cover gaskets, plugs and wires on the Pontiac Bonneville 3800, daily driver. Hopefully good for another 150000 rounds. Purrs like a kitten and less fluid leaks. Gonna deush the interior soon before the snow flies. Now, back to work on the square.

Attachments

• IMG_1177.jpeg
    IMG_1177.jpeg
    208.3 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_1186.jpeg
    IMG_1186.jpeg
    138.3 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_1185.jpeg
    IMG_1185.jpeg
    264.2 KB · Views: 33

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Put a new upper plenum, valve cover gaskets, plugs and wires on the Pontiac Bonneville 3800, daily driver. Hopefully good for another 150000 rounds. Purrs like a kitten and less fluid leaks. Gonna deush the interior soon before the snow flies. Now, back to work on the square.
Here’s hoping that means I have another 80k miles to go and it’s someone else’s baby before I gotta do that to the 3800 in the Bitchin Camaro!
Although the Camaro does feel just a tad “rough” when idling lately. Hadn’t started it myself in a few weeks and noticed the slight difference. Hoping it’s just the 24 year old plugs and wires. Got some of them on order. Apparently those gotta he got from underneath cause can only see 1 of the 6 from up top!
Did giver new struts a couple weeks ago though. Now she drives as good as she looks!

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I have the 5.3. Just a LT. 2020 but only had 8000 miles on the clock, price was right. It does 20 mixed driving. Tows pretty decent
Hey they’re identical twins!
My last 3 1500s were 5.3s. 2 6 speeds and a 10 speed. Those were in the 14mpg range for the 6s and 16mpg for the 10. For my “mixed” driving.
Same commutes in this little diesel are a solid 50% less fuel consumption compared to the 5.3 10speed and even more compared to the 6 speeds.
All had/have 3.42s as I recall.
Always have appreciated the efficiency of diesels but this one is spectacular.
Heck it gets better mileage than the V6 5speed Camaro!
Can’t wait to hopefully get some long term high miles on this and see how she holds up.
I’m kinda blown away at how the mid size and half ton size pickup/suv light diesel offerings seem to have died almost as quick as they started.
Sure Chrysler started offering 3litre diesels over 10 years ago and just dropped them all last year. Ford did it for like 2 years in the F150 and dumped it. And GM, almost as late to the game as Ford, is the last one standing. But they discontinued the smaller diesel in the Colorado/canyon. And idk if you can even get the Dmax in a Tahoe/Suburban etc.
What is it? Industry pressure, political control?
This seems like exactly what the public would want and need. Capable midsize and full-size trucks and suvs (THE most popular types of vehicles sold) that get stellar fuel mileage.
So confusing….
Heck if you’re knocking down 20mpg with your 5.3, you’d be firmly in the high 20s with the little Dmax.

mxer147

83 K20, 350 vortec, 465, 208, 14/10, 4.10, 33s
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Truck Year
Truck Model
k20
Engine Size
Here’s hoping that means I have another 80k miles to go and it’s someone else’s baby before I gotta do that to the 3800 in the Bitchin Camaro!
Although the Camaro does feel just a tad “rough” when idling lately. Hadn’t started it myself in a few weeks and noticed the slight difference. Hoping it’s just the 24 year old plugs and wires. Got some of them on order. Apparently those gotta he got from underneath cause can only see 1 of the 6 from up top!
Did giver new struts a couple weeks ago though. Now she drives as good as she looks!

Actually, pretty easy to do just the upper, a little more work to do the lower since you have to remove water and power steering pump. The lower intake gaskets are a known issue so I proactively replaced at around 120k when I needed to do some other proactive work up top. If you see white smoke from tail pipe, shut er down immediately. There are two plastic elbows on the water pump to engine which also fail and should be replaced with aftermarket aluminum. My 3800 has 265k on it and I only have replaced one fuel injector, Maf sensor, 3 ignition coils, water pump, and plugs 2x. Replaced all the wheel bearing and rear shocks, now ball joints; can’t expect not to especially when I take it off road often. It’s a great drivetrain, easy to work on, simple diagnostics. I feel confident it will make it to 500k. I bought it a year old with 14k, so mostly replaced tires and brakes; and all regular maintenance recommended.

Last edited:

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
^Well here’s hoping I don’t have to dig in that far…ever.
That engine in that rwd car is tucked back under the damn windshield almost.
It doesn’t look awesome to work on. Other than oil filter and engine accessories. You could almost set up camp in the space between the radiator and the engine!

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
Hey they’re identical twins!
My last 3 1500s were 5.3s. 2 6 speeds and a 10 speed. Those were in the 14mpg range for the 6s and 16mpg for the 10. For my “mixed” driving.
Same commutes in this little diesel are a solid 50% less fuel consumption compared to the 5.3 10speed and even more compared to the 6 speeds.
All had/have 3.42s as I recall.
Always have appreciated the efficiency of diesels but this one is spectacular.
Heck it gets better mileage than the V6 5speed Camaro!
Can’t wait to hopefully get some long term high miles on this and see how she holds up.
I’m kinda blown away at how the mid size and half ton size pickup/suv light diesel offerings seem to have died almost as quick as they started.
Sure Chrysler started offering 3litre diesels over 10 years ago and just dropped them all last year. Ford did it for like 2 years in the F150 and dumped it. And GM, almost as late to the game as Ford, is the last one standing. But they discontinued the smaller diesel in the Colorado/canyon. And idk if you can even get the Dmax in a Tahoe/Suburban etc.
What is it? Industry pressure, political control?
This seems like exactly what the public would want and need. Capable midsize and full-size trucks and suvs (THE most popular types of vehicles sold) that get stellar fuel mileage.
So confusing….
Heck if you’re knocking down 20mpg with your 5.3, you’d be firmly in the high 20s with the little Dmax.
I've never understood that either. GM did it for a while in the mid-90s OBS's as well with the 6.5. With fuel prices the way they are, you'd think the 1500 diesel would sell like hotcakes for the mileage. Granted, the EcoDiesel in the Chryslers had some serious shortcomings in their first 2 generations (which is why I went Hemi instead) but the GM and Ford small diesels have great reputations as far as I'm aware. If I were in the market for a new or 2-3yr old truck, I'd certainly be looking at a baby Dmax 1500 or PowerJoke F150

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chad112507