Show Us Your Man Cave

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Dude seriously. You wanna make some cash?

Sending PM

Serioulsy, who wouldn't??? What did you see a money printer in that mess of junk or what???

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I lost a damn email, but a guy had like 7 Turbo 400's, and 5 Turbo 350's. Sounded like they were all old school transmisisons. He wanted like $20 each if I took them all. I told him I wanted them, and I'd get back ASAP. About a week later I went looking for his email and couldn't find it. There is some good cash in the OLD Th400's and Th350's. Not sure I want to say why, but If only 1 of those transmissions had 1 part in it, it would have paid for all the transmissions. And I suspect that about half of those transmissions had the part I am reffering to. This is why it pays to know transmissions. What is good, what is not, and what is HOT. Some parts can not be found these days and they go for bigger money when sold.

kleedus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Truck Year
1960 threw 91
Truck Model
c10 to k30
Engine Size
350 threw 454
my mess before my crew cab filled it up

Attachments

• garage.jpg
    garage.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 146

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Oh yeah, you got way to much room too. I don't have my rented man cave anymore. Brought it all to the house. It sucks. No room to work with the stuff. It's all packed in tight.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Oh, a garage can be a man cave? And all this time I thought I didn't have one, lol.

You must be registered for see images attach

I can even fit a few cars in it along with my tools and junk. This is the only inside pic I can find though, guess I need new pics.

skysurfer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
1989 Suburban
Truck Model
V2500
Engine Size
5.7/TH400/NP241C
I told the wife I needed a man cave, something that I could hang out in and knock back a few cold ones. I liked the idea of adding a game room to the house, gimme a pool table and a big ol' fridge, throw in killer tunes and a honkin' big-screen on the wall. Living large I would be.

Mrs. Sky is a little more realistic. She does the household finances because if I have it I'll spend it. ( I think I told you guys about the time she came home from a business trip and found a Chevelle SS parked in the garage where her Honda was supposed to go. I haven't seen the checkbook since.) Well, she crunched the numbers and said yes indeed, a game room was possible. Woohoo!

I always lose when we compromise.

Last edited:

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I told the wife I needed a man cave, something that I could hang out in and knock back a few cold ones. I liked the idea of adding a game room to the house, gimme a pool table and a big ol' fridge, throw in killer tunes and a honkin' big-screen on the wall. Living large I would be.

Mrs. Sky is a little more realistic. She does the household finances because if I have it I'll spend it. ( I think I told you guys about the time she came home from a business trip and found a Chevelle SS parked in the garage where her Honda was supposed to go. I haven't seen the checkbook since.) Well, she crunched the numbers and said yes indeed, a game room was possible. Woohoo!

I always lose when we compromise.

That's a huge game room. At least 2 people can scoot a chair up there, if you pull the door off.
So do you still have the Chevelle SS??? :popcorn:

nvrenuf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
After 19 yrs of cramming tool / parts / etc, everything except my truck projects, into a one car garage we finally built a shop.

Here's my man cave - 18W x 36L x 14H w/ 12'x12' roll up door (big enough to fit the K5 on the trailer). There's a loft upstairs in the back for my kids to play in.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Oh, a garage can be a man cave? And all this time I thought I didn't have one, lol.

I can even fit a few cars in it along with my tools and junk. This is the only inside pic I can find though, guess I need new pics.

It needs a little work, but that would be a helluva mancave. Higher ceiling would be nice, but I could sure make that work with all the square footage on the floor. :grd:

skysurfer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
1989 Suburban
Truck Model
V2500
Engine Size
5.7/TH400/NP241C

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I'd be insulating those walls and hanging some drywall, and a thru the wall heat and cool unit. When I build mine, I'm going with cetral HVAC. I actually had a system already, but went ahead and scrapped it because I didn't the build happening anytime soon.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
It needs a little work, but that would be a helluva mancave. Higher ceiling would be nice, but I could sure make that work with all the square footage on the floor. :grd:

Yeah, I need to do a little work to it so I can lock it up tight. Sooner or later, folks are going to realize it's not just an empty old barn. I'm also going to insulate it so the walls are no longer transparent. Can't do anything with the ceiling, but I can put stuff in the rafters without a ladder, haha. It's high enough for the cars and C10 though, the 4x4 trucks go in the pole barn.

lol. A Clear Fruit poster and Christmas lights. It's party time!

I had actually forgot that poster was even there. Somewhere there's a Coke bottle to match it.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Hahah, good **** guys!! :popcorn: