She's got the shakes, need help locating the cause.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Turt13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
You must be registered for see images attach

And now my t case is leaking a good bit from where the output of the trans and t case input flange coupling place spot area.
Could be that it's never been that full since I had her.
Yikes.
By the amount of metal shinnys there was, and small small amount of dust size bits, probably well before I got her she was a maybe just a little low on fluid..

But to be fair, she wasn't driven much at all until recent months.

Still I didnt like how the u joints got done, but they got done, for now. They have up a pretty good fight being 20 years old and baiscly rusted in.
I watched the driveshaft as she was pulling into the garage, there were moments when the shaft would try and seize.
Looking at it now, I may have bought a flood truck.
Like honestly, i should know better, then to buy a flood truck.

You should a seen the craters and pits of rust we grinded out on the inside of the diff cover. I dont think I have a pic of that unfortunately.
I'm scared to look at the front case.

How did that elephant taste? A little less of it to eat now.

Looks like you got the valves adjusted. The distributor looks about right, maybe one tooth off to get it straight with the firewall, but I'd leave it as-is because the final orientation of the distributor once the everything is timed correctly has nothing to with how the thing performs. If it is not in-line with the firewall and it runs good, it doesn't matter, yes it looks better when it is in-line with the firewall. But to do so you would have to remove the distributor, turn the oil pump shaft a smidge clockwise and reinstall the distributor, and then re-time it again. Not worth it when it is that close and you have it pulling 20 vacuum, 20 is excellent.

And yes. Its definitely getting better. A lot less stressful. Lady said how much nicer it is to not dread to drive it. I had two people follow me today to talk about the for sale sign. One was very interested at two and a half. Said she sounded great going over a bridge here. Should a asked more.

Catfish26kc

Reaction score
First Name
Joe knight
Truck Year
Truck Model
Gmc sierra classic c2500
Engine Size
I have some of the same issues in the beginning of his post..... exactly....the same as described. I'm currently trying to fix them . All new plugs, wires, cap coil. New ujoints. Still vibrations checked tire balance... they were good. Possibly 2 slightly bent rims. Runs good at start up but gets rough after warm up. Smells like it's running rich... runs rough under load and vibrates bad. I thought I'd accidentally written this and then I read the rest. And viewed the pictures. Nope wasn't me. But I have all those issues!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GrayWK