ShadeTree Mechanics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Sorry, didn't realize it was going to end up that long when typing in a small box till after I hit submit. But yes, Imann got it close enough in short. And to add, bro lost the 07 too and let the bank come get it. This is the same bro that bought the El Co I explained a couple months ago, and its still not running.

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
So there's a lot about hr's brother and a couple F**ds....

Yes, all involved in the story are Hr, Hr's brother, 2 Ford Mustangs and a friend who got bought the car.

To summarize even more, Hot rod's brother really ****** up a new financed car with an honest mistake. Hot rods brother completely ignored Hot Rods voice of reason and ****** up his car a couple more times until he finally got frustrated and sold it.

Moral of the story is listen to Hot Rod.

RetroC10Sport

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
pontiac aztek
Engine Size
Sorry, didn't realize it was going to end up that long when typing in a small box till after I hit submit. But yes, Imann got it close enough in short. And to add, bro lost the 07 too and let the bank come get it. This is the same bro that bought the El Co I explained a couple months ago, and its still not running.

He'd buy that $15,000 El Co that's here...

"But it has a 4 speed..."

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
You must be registered for see images attach
<--Old77

Sorry that can't be Old77. That truck has man mirrors on it. Probably the same mirrors that were on my 2003 Avy. Power heated folding memory mirrors. He wouldn't know what to do with those kind of mirrors.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
You guys made me feel bad enough about that part 3 I deleted it since Iman summarized it and it gets the most valuable points across. I didn't realize it was so long, I think I was more off on a Rant remembering all that **** that went down at the time over that damn car. It sure caused some problems with me and my bro.
Also didn't really want to hijack the Shade Tree mechanic thread, but it is on the subject of being Shade Tree mechanic. As I have said before, many of us can fix our own stuff, and we take that ability for granted.

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
I do some long posts too, I was just screwin with ya. It was a good interesting read in its entirety, I would rather read a good chunk of story or info rather than 10 one liners in a row.

I found it is helpful to either indent some parts or separate paragraphs completely. Or just double space everything so the whole block of text is not so over whelming.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
No, it was to long. I get tied up in little details at times. And like I said, I think I was more ranting about it than talking about it. Its frustrating to see a family member screw them self up so bad, all because they don't listen. It was an unfortunate event, and he multiplied it himself 30x fold as far as money and time that it didn't have to be. All just to give it away at what he owed on it. The dude's wife still drives the car around town and I am sure my bro cringes everytime he sees it.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
When I don't know something, and I can go to someone who does know, I kinda shut up and listen, and talk just enough to let that person know that yes, I am listening and comprehending but keep going. My wife used to tell me I was an info spongue, and she could tell was I was involved in someone saying something, and I had my mind soaking it all in. hahaha. I raised my kids with the analagy, if you want to learn something, shut up, watch and listen. That there is a reason god gave you 2 ears and 1 mouth. That is to listen twice as much as you talk.

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
When I don't know something, and I can go to someone who does know, I kinda shut up and listen, and talk just enough to let that person know that yes, I am listening and comprehending but keep going. My wife used to tell me I was an info spongue, and she could tell was I was involved in someone saying something, and I had my mind soaking it all in. hahaha. I raised my kids with the analagy, if you want to learn something, shut up, watch and listen. That there is a reason god gave you 2 ears and 1 mouth. That is to listen twice as much as you talk.

Listening is always good but 90% of the ******** I hear is bad advice. I don't mean people on this forum but people I know personally. Being skeptical of something is really important. My best example is a good buddy of mine with a reputation as a good mechanic.

when I got my GMC I was planning on pulling each plug and filling the cylinders with Marvels mystery oil. After that I was going to rebuild the carb, change the oil and drain my fuel tank completely. I even considered pulling the distributor and spinning the oil pump before I started the truck. I was was really planning on taking my time.

My buddies advice: Put a battery in and pour gasoline down the carb. The tank was full of 15 year old gas and his advice was to mix premium with it and run it. At first I just humored him and we did it his way, and thats probably why I am in the market for a new motor.

Had I just not listened to him..... I knew better.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Yeah yours was in bad shape. I remebmer what you said about stuck valves. What I think might just help your motor, is some SeaFoam in the crankcase and the gas tank. I don't like additives, but SeaFoam is some damn good ****. What woudl scare me though, is if it cleaned up to much and then you have bigger clearances in your bearings. Might be a chance worth taking to remove alot of the gummed up gunk from that motor.

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
I sea foamed the **** out of it. That was the first thing I did was change the oil and add sea foam to the oil. After I got the 15 year old gas out i mixed sea foam in with the gasoline. I really like that additive, I think all additives are voodoo except seafoam. I used it in the diesel suburban when I was getting it road ready and it really quieted the motor after I added it. ATF is not the same as it used to be, now all it does is burn.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
Sorry that can't be Old77. That truck has man mirrors on it. Probably the same mirrors that were on my 2003 Avy. Power heated folding memory mirrors. He wouldn't know what to do with those kind of mirrors.

:slap::slap::slap::slap::slap:

I think retro used that cuz he knows I have a NNBS Burb and thats what that smiley is driving

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
:slap::slap::slap::slap::slap:

I think retro used that cuz he knows I have a NNBS Burb and thats what that smiley is driving

You might be right. So even the wife's Burb has good mirriors on it. Now we know who has the balls and wears the pants in the 077 household.

85k10383

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ross
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Scottsdale
Engine Size
My truck would be in a junkyard if weren't for my ability, and willingness, to jump into the motor swap with both feet. I had never taken on a project of that magnitiude before. And now that i have, I realize I can pretty much do whatever I set my mind to. And you can't get that feeling any other way.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sammygunns