(Seems Like) A Good Price for a Lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
Yikes. Better wait till I can afford a four post lift to avoid my head turning into a pancake.

Frankenchevy

Proverbs 16:18
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
my buddy who owns a couple shops talked me into a 10k lift for 2500. I was looking at 12k and the price doubles. he told me this brand of 10k two post was super solid. I'll call him in the morning to ask the brand. should have its home ready in a couple months

I'm sure my local Costco has had tens of thousands of vehicles by now on their two post challenger lifts. I'm not an expert in lifts, but I've built a few things in my life. much like others have said, the concrete/footer will be important. if I didn't know how the slab was poured, I'd probably saw cut it out and start over and do your research on thickness, concrete psi, steel and anchors

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Standard garage floors are not made for a lift concrete is only 4" thick and 2000lbs, I put in 4X4X6 pads with rebar 3200lb concrete, I also have a cheap 9000lb Chinesium lift, been up and down a 100 times or more and it works awesome for what I have, even though it says 9000lbs I'd never go more than 7000lbs on it they won't hold up, just like any other Chiniseum **** don't push it farther than what it's capable of, also I have two jack stands I put one each end to stabilize it if I'm gonna do heavy duty work, don't need the arms flexing all the time because steel crystallizes over time and will eventually break...

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Standard garage floors are not made for a lift concrete is only 4" thick and 2000lbs, I put in 4X4X6 pads with rebar 3200lb concrete, I also have a cheap 9000lb Chinesium lift, been up and down a 100 times or more and it works awesome for what I have, even though it says 9000lbs I'd never go more than 7000lbs on it they won't hold up, just like any other Chiniseum **** don't push it farther than what it's capable of, also I have two jack stands I put one each end to stabilize it if I'm gonna do heavy duty work, don't need the arms flexing all the time because steel crystallizes over time and will eventually break...
And think about where China gets its raw material from. That’s right junk. The good stuff stays here, they get crap to make even more crap out of it.

MtBraun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Rotary used to have good stuff.

What's that mean? Junk now? What is a good lift? I'm pressing you a bit cause I have a good friend who is a regional Rotary installer and I could probably get a deal on one if I wanted.

Are they ok for casual shop use?

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
Yikes. Better wait till I can afford a four post lift to avoid my head turning into a pancake.
You're probably safe with the one you originally posted, as it comes from the same place that did the video that HK posted.

MtBraun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size

Agree - I would never install a lift in a "typical" garage floor. I'd cut it out and pour a 24" cubed pylon.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
What's that mean? Junk now? What is a good lift? I'm pressing you a bit cause I have a good friend who is a regional Rotary installer and I could probably get a deal on one if I wanted.

Are they ok for casual shop use?
I was at work and didn’t have time to research a definitive response. So I gave the one I was comfortable with.

MtBraun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I was at work and didn’t have time to research a definitive response. So I gave the one I was comfortable with.

fair enough. I'll await your post-work dissertation. :)

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
fair enough. I'll await your post-work dissertation. :)
Ok lol I will see what I can dig up. It will be a bit later though my gut is bitching it’s empty lol

smurfasaur

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
My pops has a two post 10k asymmetrical bendpak lift and loves it. The arms lock automatically when you raise the lift too it’s sweet. He’s had it for probably 6-7 years now with not even a hiccup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407

MtBraun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Here's what we get to stand under for 5 hours on Sunday. I believe its 15k capacity.

The small one to the left is a 10k, 2 post asymmetrical Rotary lift.

You must be registered for see images attach

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TrivTen