Secondary metering rod size?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

3504boltmain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Trent
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
5.7l
I just looked it up... some are, but most are not aluminum...

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Does it come with the harness and peripheries? I'm dumb as F*^&$ with computer controlled engines... Might as well be a monkey having a go with a football! I could see this Idea working when I start banking at my soon to be new job (awaiting background check), but I'm stealing lint from my girlfriends pockets. Why would you sell A short block for so cheap? especially that new? I say your almost as crazy as I am. Good job with that VW. And VW owners ARE crazy so I guess your in there like swimwear! I would like to come up with the loot though, I may end up buying a Camaro... an extra block laying around doesn't sound like a bad idea... Are blocks from that circa aluminum?
An 010 block is an old school 350. It isn’t a CPI engine. It’s in an 89 but not the original engine. This engine was carbureted

3504boltmain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Trent
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
5.7l
See that's where my confusion was... I took 010 for 2010... Still not a bad price

3504boltmain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Trent
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
5.7l
An 010 block is an old school 350. It isn’t a CPI engine. It’s in an 89 but not the original engine. This engine was carbureted
And now a new door of information just opened to me... Now I've got to think about Casting Types and wall thicknesses and year differences... Yada Frigin Yada... Well at least if I do get a short block, I can find better head than that heap of an LT9... Wow that setup sucks... I've heard of guys using vortec heads with an intake that allows for a carburetor... Oh, and the and the answer is no, I hate fuel injection.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
And now a new door of information just opened to me... Now I've got to think about Casting Types and wall thicknesses and year differences... Yada Frigin Yada... Well at least if I do get a short block, I can find better head than that heap of an LT9... Wow that setup sucks... I've heard of guys using vortec heads with an intake that allows for a carburetor... Oh, and the and the answer is no, I hate fuel injection.
I ran Vortec heads in my S10 they are good heads they just lack integrity in some areas. Mainly the deck surface. They are quite thin. Push in rocker stds suck regardless of head.

3504boltmain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Trent
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
5.7l
So don't play with vortec? Hell, idk, I could conjure up a couple configurations... I was considering a GTA and having something set aside for it when it's cooked from my right foot... I would love to find a notchback, or a TTA, but that's money pit status too. I'll PM you if I find the cash for your block.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
So don't play with vortec? Hell, idk, I could conjure up a couple configurations... I was considering a GTA and having something set aside for it when it's cooked from my right foot... I would love to find a notchback, or a TTA, but that's money pit status too. I'll PM you if I find the cash for your block.
Ok

3504boltmain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Trent
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
5.7l
All this new info is making my brain go numb... so wall thickness is most important (though hard to know without doing sonic testing), 010/020 blocks are preferable and 010 or 020 blocks are ok. I also read that truck blocks are generally better (thicker walls) but hard to say... If I have a Nickel block with Vortec heads, I guess I've pretty much got a engine that might be like being on thin ice... But, that's what I've learned in reading info from the internet... :mf_pcwhack:

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
All this new info is making my brain go numb... so wall thickness is most important (though hard to know without doing sonic testing), 010/020 blocks are preferable and 010 or 020 blocks are ok. I also read that truck blocks are generally better (thicker walls) but hard to say... If I have a Nickel block with Vortec heads, I guess I've pretty much got a engine that might be like being on thin ice... But, that's what I've learned in reading info from the internet... :mf_pcwhack:
High Nickle blocks are good. The deck surface on Vortec heads are thinner then most Chevy production heads. That just makes them prone to cracking and if you get a used set be mindful of this. Some aftermarket companies make them with thicker deck surfaces.

3504boltmain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Trent
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
5.7l
High Nickle blocks are good. The deck surface on Vortec heads are thinner then most Chevy production heads. That just makes them prone to cracking and if you get a used set be mindful of this. Some aftermarket companies make them with thicker deck surfaces.
Up till now an apple has been an apple... You've complicated me Honky Kong jr. :shocked:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nathanjohnson85