Secondary metering rod size?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

3504boltmain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Trent
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
5.7l
So I've got a hesitation issue I've been troubleshooting since I got this truck a few years back. I want to start by saying that I know this carb (Quadrajet) has been pulled apart. I had rebuilt it myself and found that there was two washers inside where that little missile looking guy seats at... and the Secondary hanger was bent to hell. I also don't know if I have the correct primary hanger rig in there either, because the gasket seemed to not seat correctly on it and wanted to rip...
Ok anyway, I am not sure what the correct rod/jet size I need for this truck. 1985 C30 350ci with a turbo400. Not dually.
I know people are going to point me toward ignition here, but I want to eliminate the carb as my issue too.
I have been all over this truck, I replaced and adjusted parts time and time again and still can't cure this problem... I guess I'll ask that question here too.. What causes bog at W.O.T.? It wont bog in park... I get clean and powerful throttle response to redline in the driveway, but once out on the road, it bogs when I stomp on it. It sounds like its still firing, just with almost zero power... Comically it sounds like "GRRRRRrrrrRrrrrrrrRrrrRRRrrrrrrrrRrrrrrr POP POP POPOP"... Yeah it backfires too.
Oh and all emissions have been removed except the charcoal canister and egr valve.
I guess a sound bite would help here, but I'll push this thread out right quick and see if I can get some very much appreciated help. Thanks in advance.

3504boltmain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Trent
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
5.7l
You must be registered for see images attach
I decided to make my own metering rods from rusty nails.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Might I suggest taking them metal toothpicks and throwing them in the trash with the rest of that slobberjet and look into one of the many priced to own FI set ups.

3504boltmain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Trent
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
5.7l
Might I suggest taking them metal toothpicks and throwing them in the trash with the rest of that slobberjet and look into one of the many priced to own FI set ups.
gotta vortec long block for $300.00?

3504boltmain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Trent
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
5.7l
will it fit in a Saturn? damn, I'll get my brothers rav n be up there quick... You don't have the heads?

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
So 300+2700=X (X= The extra zero).:laughing1:
It even has a chrome timing cover lol I was gonna pull it down to see what for cam is in it. It was recently rebuilt and had World heads on it that ended up going to Oklahoma. Lol

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
will it fit in a Saturn? damn, I'll get my brothers rav n be up there quick... You don't have the heads?
I carried a sbc block in a VW Jetta lol. I had to replace the rear shocks afterwards but it did it. Lol Turbo diesel MK 2 for the win lol

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Nope sold them. It’s still hanging in the truck.

3504boltmain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Trent
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
5.7l
Does it come with the harness and peripheries? I'm dumb as F*^&$ with computer controlled engines... Might as well be a monkey having a go with a football! I could see this Idea working when I start banking at my soon to be new job (awaiting background check), but I'm stealing lint from my girlfriends pockets. Why would you sell A short block for so cheap? especially that new? I say your almost as crazy as I am. Good job with that VW. And VW owners ARE crazy so I guess your in there like swimwear! I would like to come up with the loot though, I may end up buying a Camaro... an extra block laying around doesn't sound like a bad idea... Are blocks from that circa aluminum?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dpickett1981