Secondary metering rod size?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RustyPile

Left on own accord
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Truck Year
1983 GMC
Truck Model
Engine Size
350 SBC
Na, he's using the tool in the far bottom left corner for that.
Hey Honky!!! Turn on the light so I can see what he's talking about.. You did pay the electric bill didn't ya??

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Hey Honky!!! Turn on the light so I can see what he's talking about.. You did pay the electric bill didn't ya??
Lol I was trying to figure it out myself. Lol the lights take a bit to brighten up when it’s cold lol

RustyPile

Left on own accord
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Truck Year
1983 GMC
Truck Model
Engine Size
350 SBC
Lol I was trying to figure it out myself. Lol the lights take a bit to brighten up when it’s cold lol
Looks a little bit like a chainsaw handle.. That's what you use on them Volvos ain't it???

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Looks a little bit like a chainsaw handle.. That's what you use on them Volvos ain't it???
He sees one of my axes. I have like 5 or 6 of different sizes there lol and about 4or 5 other places in the garage.

3504boltmain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Trent
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
5.7l
You must be registered for see images attach

So there is the little black ring Im talking about... am I wrong or is this setup different from what you've seen?

3504boltmain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Trent
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
5.7l
You must be registered for see images attach

RustyPile

Left on own accord
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Truck Year
1983 GMC
Truck Model
Engine Size
350 SBC
So there is the little black ring Im talking about... am I wrong or is this setup different from what you've seen?

I don't recall ever seeing a black one, but yes, that's the piece I'm talking about.. If it doesn't fit tight enough to hold the power valve in place, it's not doing it's job.. It also shouldn't impede power valve travel..

3504boltmain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Trent
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
5.7l
I don't recall ever seeing a black one, but yes, that's the piece I'm talking about.. If it doesn't fit tight enough to hold the power valve in place, it's not doing it's job.. It also shouldn't impede power valve travel..
I should take better notes when I'm doing this kind of thing... I did the rebuild a year ago. I don't remember if it impeded travel, but it didn't seat when I pushed it in its cavity. Anyway, I did the rebuild because of the hesitation issue... Nothing has changed for the worse since the rebuild...

RustyPile

Left on own accord
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Truck Year
1983 GMC
Truck Model
Engine Size
350 SBC
Don't make fun of the boy.. He wants to learn how to work on them slobberjets, so we're helping him gather up the proper tools to do the work.. So far, he has a large hammer, an assortment of concrete blocks, 5 or 6 axes, and a chain saw.. Can you think of anything else he might need?? :Get him!:

:happy175: :happy175: :happy175:

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Don't make fun of the boy.. He wants to learn how to work on them slobberjets, so we're helping him gather up the proper tools to do the work.. So far, he has a large hammer, an assortment of concrete blocks, 5 or 6 axes, and a chain saw.. Can you think of anything else he might need?? :Get him!:

A Holley oh wait I have 2 lol

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size

I think that just about covers it, lol..

RustyPile

Left on own accord
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Truck Year
1983 GMC
Truck Model
Engine Size
350 SBC
@74 Shortbed, I'm sure you've been following this thread from it's beginning.. What do you think about 3504bolt main sending his Q-jet to Honky for him to practice on while he's learning??

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
@74 Shortbed, I'm sure you've been following this thread from it's beginning.. What do you think about 3504bolt main sending his Q-jet to Honky for him to practice on while he's learning??
Send it I can play clobbersaurus on it in a “How to fix a slobberjet” YouTube tutorial :D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PapaBear8486