Seat Hump Patch Panel?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
You must be registered for see images attach

here is some i could find

idk if you can use/need/looknig for what exists on either of these but figured to share

Salty Crusty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Truck Year
Truck Model
c1500
Engine Size
Cab swap is the easiest solution but dont be scared to fix what you have. Keep in mind if you dont find a super clean cab your going to end up doing most of that same work anyway. When i started this one it looked pretty clean but after cutting away all the junk i ended up with something similar to what you have. No better place to practice body work than on something you can throw a floor mat over.
I have 4 cabs in my stack lot that all still have original paint on the floors, rockers and cab corners. I guess y'all would call 'em "super clean".

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
I have 4 cabs in my stack lot that all still have original paint on the floors, rockers and cab corners. I guess y'all would call 'em "super clean".
mine have first generation rust

character..!

SquareRoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Why people ...why...:mfr_omg:

Jawzjeep

Honk if parts fall off
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban
Engine Size
Lol. I think it just comes with the territory.

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
LOL. I'm lost for words. You're in @AuroraGirl territory there!

LOL, I agree!
One has to be very motivated to try to "restore" the average Rust Belt classic vehicle!
Heck, the parts guy I get stuff from here had 2 cabs on his junk trailer that maybe needed a small rocker or cab corner patch or maybe half a license plate on the floorboard. Those are "junk" out here. The 80s cab I got my windshield frame patch pieces from 1000% better and it was on his scrap trailer ready to be hauled to recycling.

That said, I understand. It's a long road trip for a hunk of metal that you can't send via Fed Ex! And CT is about the worst possible scenario except for New Hampshire or Maine for # of miles to no rust land.

RoryH19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rory
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10 Silverado SWB
Engine Size
350 TBI
What years? Any 4x4 with the removable center over the trans?

Raider L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
William
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
@AuroraGirl,

Yeah, but look where it's being stored! It's not like it's under cover or anything. Even if all these parts had been in a barn, so long as the roof didn't look like these floors, and they weren't allowed to get this bad before they were stored, maybe some rust or a couple of small holes but not whole sections gone, all this stuff would be usable. As they are, considering who it is who has these pieces, may still have some use. But even then I've not seen anything like @Phil 83K20's outside of a wrecking yard about to be crushed! I'm sure the wrecking yard has a percentage they use that when a car or truck has a percentage left, they throw the rest away. It's only individuals like Taylor who keep these things until there's nothing but a squirrel's nest worth left and then there might be a couple of rivets left of some use to someone. Ha, ha, ha.

Raider L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
William
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
@SquareRoot,

Yeah, but how does it get this bad? I mean, the cab door is some of the strongest part of the cab, how could a little rust at the threshold get to where the whole door opening is gone?? See, this is like some of the people down here in the South, and I guess they are every where, when they come back from whatever it is they are doing out in the woods they just take a water hose to the inside of the cab to get the mud and Deer blood, pig blood or whatever out of the carpet and floor, hell what carpet, and when they're done they just go inside and have a beer! These people are on a different plane of thought than the rest of us. They just really don't sweat the small stuff!

sirweesarunch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size

After hacking all mine out its not that far from what you have rot wise. If you buy the rocker , floor and kick there will be what looks to be about a 4” strip around the seat hump that will have to be fabricated in house. That would take me a weekend on each side , 4 days work in total for total repair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
@AuroraGirl,

Yeah, but look where it's being stored! It's not like it's under cover or anything. Even if all these parts had been in a barn, so long as the roof didn't look like these floors, and they weren't allowed to get this bad before they were stored, maybe some rust or a couple of small holes but not whole sections gone, all this stuff would be usable. As they are, considering who it is who has these pieces, may still have some use. But even then I've not seen anything like @Phil 83K20's outside of a wrecking yard about to be crushed! I'm sure the wrecking yard has a percentage they use that when a car or truck has a percentage left, they throw the rest away. It's only individuals like Taylor who keep these things until there's nothing but a squirrel's nest worth left and then there might be a couple of rivets left of some use to someone. Ha, ha, ha.
to be fair i didnt keep them to begin with, I happened upon a graveyard of **** my grandpa threw into the woods.. i will eventually get it pulled out and sorted as scrap/treasure to someone else, but its gonna require a lot of other things first lol. I figured show what i had laying about because sections ma be helpful but that is a small example. i doubt the variety of olds/buick hoods that are all rusted heav only where the hinges go will help anyone lmaostuff like that will get its day in the scrapyard when i get that far

K10farmtruck

Reaction score
First Name
Kylend
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Id call them “cabs”. Rust is sneaky. But of course where im from alot of square bodies ended their first life bombing through wheat fields with a crop sprayer in the bed. Wont be long and were going to be like the charger guys saving roll over rust buckets.

Salty Crusty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Truck Year
Truck Model
c1500
Engine Size
Over half of these spent lives on farms, worked hard.
We are super dry with no salt or anything similar no roads, ever - only sand. This area is known for having plenty of clean, rust-free trucks available I see several on the road every day.
Squares are losing popularity here as us old farts die off, but there will come a time when a good cab that needs no rust repair will sell for more than the whole truck did new. I hope I'm alive to take advantage of my hoarding. Oh, and S-10's are still very popular here, I hoard those, too.

idahovette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Perry
Truck Year
1975-1979
Truck Model
K20-K10
Engine Size
@Salty Crusty I have an extra S10 2wd LWB with no bed that I would like to get rid of. It's for sure a builder, but the cab and front clip are great. 2.5 4 cyl and 5 speed with new clutch. Come and get it!!! It's a 1991 clear title

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1975K20