Seat belts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeff Dodson

Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
What are y'all using for seat belts.... OEM or after market.... I am in the market, my OEM are worn out and sags across the shoulder... I have been looking at the LMC, only has one retractor so the saggy won't be a problem. Only problem is price... Comes up to about 200 bucks.... FOR SEAT BELTS !!!!! Is there a mod for the originals or should I just bite the bullet.

ScottyB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Truck Year
Truck Model
phantom
Engine Size
2 squirrels
I don't have an answer for you. I am curious, what is the issue with your seat belts? I only ask because I have issues with mine. I currently use a chip clip on my seat belts to keep them from ratcheting my spleen to my spine. I'm curious if there is a fix for this or if I am looking at replacement also.

John81287

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20
Engine Size
I've got a maroon set from an 85 square that I have no use for. They aren't perfect but they do work. Make an offer if your interested.

Sent from somewhere in Northern Illinois!

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
I always try to track down nice original belts. The universal type fit of aftermarket belts would not go well with my OCD tendencies.

Jeff Dodson

Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
I am thinking I want the single retractor.... Mine the shoulder strap sags as you lean forward and back and does not retract that well.... If there was a good fix, I wouldn't mine keeping mine, especially these after market seat belts are a bit pricey

Jeff Dodson

Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
What do y'all think of these

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 162

Jeff Dodson

Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Well they exchanged them for the black ones..... They look a lot better, work a lot better..... Now I need to get my seat recovered

Nukedude

Reaction score
First Name
Louis
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban
Engine Size
I have those seat belts in my second row of my Suburban. They are black, but same style and lock. They have worked well. I replaced the second row seats as they were getting a lot of use and seemed worn thin.

lucastos

Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Suburban
Engine Size
350 5.7 V8
Any advise on getting the T47 bolts loose?? There are 4 of them and I don't think I have the mussle to loosen them. Any simple ideas?

1low4x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Any advise on getting the T47 bolts loose?? There are 4 of them and I don't think I have the mussle to loosen them. Any simple ideas?

Buy a prius??

Skweegle89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
QUOTE=1low4x4;230168]Buy a prius??[/QUOTE]:signs8:[

Last edited:

lucastos

Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Suburban
Engine Size
350 5.7 V8
I don't want to harm the environment so I recycled an old truck instead of buying a new car.

silveradocustom

Reaction score
First Name
-
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
I am thinking I want the single retractor.... Mine the shoulder strap sags as you lean forward and back and does not retract that well.... If there was a good fix, I wouldn't mine keeping mine, especially these after market seat belts are a bit pricey
I had the same problem with a set of belts from an 87. They would get hung up and not retract all the way and sag at the shoulder. I took the plastic cover off the seatbelt housing and found a small plastic piece with a spring was causing the issue. Removed that piece and the belts work perfectly now. They never get hung up and sag, but they do lock up like they're supposed to in an accident or heavy braking.
Side note: If I'm not mistaken, the plastic piece with the spring is what makes the seatbelt ratchet back after being pulled all the way out. I never used that feature anyway. Hopefully this can help someone out!

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
I had the same problem with a set of belts from an 87. They would get hung up and not retract all the way and sag at the shoulder. I took the plastic cover off the seatbelt housing and found a small plastic piece with a spring was causing the issue. Removed that piece and the belts work perfectly now. They never get hung up and sag, but they do lock up like they're supposed to in an accident or heavy braking.
Side note: If I'm not mistaken, the plastic piece with the spring is what makes the seatbelt ratchet back after being pulled all the way out. I never used that feature anyway. Hopefully this can help someone out!
\

Its gonna help me out. :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nathanjohnson85