Sandrocks master plan

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Lovely !!! Forward Progress !!! Keep it Up, Thanks for the update. We'll be looking forward to some pics of what you got done after the weekend. :waytogo:

sandrock

Reaction score
First Name
Bradley
Truck Year
Truck Model
2500 Suburban
Engine Size
Not feeling too well this weekend, but I still got some stuff done. My piston ring compressor broke, so I only got one piston in the freaking block. I did however get the balancer painted and mounted...

You must be registered for see images attach

Interior shot...not much to look at since I defunked it. Consider it Stage II weight reduction.

Oh....here's the steering wheel that's going in...eventually

And I got the damaged pieces off of the frontend. Sure makes it easier to take the engine out and do all the rewiring!

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
OH man, get over that nasty ****. I was horrible all last week starting Monday afternoon. Tuesday morning when I work up, I felt like I got ran over by a big truck. Every joint and bone in my body ached, even my fingers and toes. Still sick, but alot better as of today. I can at least function anyway.

If you have some big hose clamps, I've used those before to improvise when some jackass borrowed my ring compressor and didn't bring it back for 6 months.

Learn something new everyday. I was not aware a SB had Anti lock brake computers. I thought that started in the GMT400 body style.

Last edited:

my82gmc

Reaction score
First Name
daniel
Truck Year
82 gmc
Truck Model
Engine Size
i have a ring compresser if u want to use as long as i get it back lol i dont live to far from mustang always looking to help a fellow rodder lol

sandrock

Reaction score
First Name
Bradley
Truck Year
Truck Model
2500 Suburban
Engine Size
I might just have to take you up on that offer. The pistons are about the only thing left to install and then I am done with the short block.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Glad to see stuff like that work out. Members helping members. That is or was the whole idea in the CL posting of this site. Its great to have to this online community of help, but sometimes you could use some physical help or acquire parts from someone local since shipping many times kills a deal. So a few of us were recruiting local members and it seems to have worked well. :waytogo:

We get enough local Okies, we may end up with a get together this year. My dad has 160 acres or land, with creeks, ponds, hills, pastures etc. It would be great to have a SB Meet outthere one weekend just to hang out. Its 70 miles east of OKC, so even Tulsa and the Wagoner members should be able to make it. My dad can be an ass cuz he is a tree hugger, but if we don't tear up to much of his 3ft tall week grass he probably won't care. Or set the place on fire.

sandrock

Reaction score
First Name
Bradley
Truck Year
Truck Model
2500 Suburban
Engine Size
[/QUOTE]

WHO IN THE FREAKIN' FRAK DESIGNED THE PUMP PULLEY!?!?!?!

At least with the 3800, the PS pulley has holes to allow a socket to go through. Exhaust mani can't come off unless the back pump bracket is removed...bracket can't get removed unless the pump is removed....pump can't removed unless the pulley is pulled. *Insert Yosemite Sam cussing as he's falling*

Also ran into yet another issue with the Vortec water pump. The pulley needed for it is different than the 1995 on down pulley, so I gotta locate one.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Oh man, that sucks. That is one reason why when doing retrofits, I do prefer to buy a complete whatever I am doing. You can spend a small forture in brackets and pulleys on motors these days, and everyone things they are gold. So first you spend the time finding them, then pay through the ass for them. Kinda the bad part of our hobby.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
Is that wheel going to look righ in that cab??

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
Engine Size
350/350/454
Oh well....then has to look kick ass!!!! :lol:

:D

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
Engine Size
350/350/454
:) do you have a lead on a good one?? I like those very much and have had several!!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aaron06